Who Registered Openpandora.es?

timofonic

GP Mafia
I just accidentally found this domain by a Google search about openpandora. It seems someone translate some wiki stuff to Spanish and hosted it on that domain, some info seems a bit outdated (not mentions stuff like bluetooth for example).

Who's the guy that registered it? Doing a whois, the name is Angel Garcia Voces and by google seems a guy that does videojockying/discjocking and works on this: http://www.deejaysystem.com

Here's the url for easy access: http://www.openpandora.es

x68000 said:
Now don't go stalking him - anymore than you already have!
:D

It's funny because it's true

Well, it's always nice to see people buying the domains to support the project not to make money off advertisements

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I just wanted to know if he was in contact with the Pandora Staff. Who knows, maybe it can be a future Spanish site about Pandora.

I don't understand why he would've bothered registering a whole new domain when he could've simply done translations for the existing one, on the existing wiki.

Yeah, why are you interested in that guy? :p

I registered openpandora.es because I'd hate to see the domain caught by some domain-hunter, link-farmer, or something like that trying to make money only. The reason the page not to be updated is simply that I had very little time these past weeks in order to put attention on it.

@Kyosys
Exactly, I'm just a spanish-speaking Pandora enthusiast. I registered and hosted the domain for supporting the project only.

@timofonic
Site updated :) I contacted MWeston right after registering the domain and he gave me a few guidelines for the site to be ok with the OpenPandora project. It would be great to make the domain a spanish site about Pandora (I've received your email, replying now).

@mindlord
To be honest, I don't like the Wiki-style for these kind of projects. The current GP2X wiki is a pain in the ass when you just want to browse the available information or see the available articles in order to find something interesting without specifically searching for something. Yeah, you can search and that works, but that's all! You don't have a kind of "table of contents" or "article list" other that what's shown in the home page, and that doesn't cover a portion of all the available articles. At this time it seems that pandorawiki.org is pointing in the same direction.

What I'd like in openpandora.es is a comprehensive, categorized index of useful and interesting articles in spanish, either hosted in the site or linked to other sites. Even a simple list of the spanish articles available in pandorawiki.org would be fine to me.

Greets,
--
Edy

Hi!
I am another spanish guy very interested in pandora.I would like to create a spanish community about it.
I created www.pandoramania.es , but I need help creating faqs, putting news and helping in the future forums.
Perhaps, Edy or any other person will be interest in help to me.
Finally,I ask forgiveness for my low level of English.Thanks.

Back