Pandorapress needs writers!

Well, a lot of good offers from a lot of very capable people! I'm about to hit the hay, but give me a day (not a week, I promise :p ) to post back and respond to everyone. And we'll get this show on the road. Thanks for all the interest so far! :)

I need a writer as well, f-ing phd thesis crises is setting in. :( *breaksdown* :(

That's what the undergrads are for. Slave labour.

EDIT: Then again, I wouldn't trust undergrads with my thesis, either.

haha yeah that would mean only more work for me :D wouldnt mind if they do some expermints extra, you always start thinking of experiments when writing, I shouldve started writing earlier, damn you pandora :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love to help out. :)

I'm planning to use the Pandora as more of a ultra portable laptop with the gaming as an added bonus. So maybe it could be helpfull if I write about my experiences with the Pandora as a productivity device and do reviews of apps that are not necessarily games.

I'm very glad to see that there is so much interest in keeping the blog going. I know that the blog was what kept me informed during the dark ages that were the times before I received my shipping notice (of course, I'm not quite in the Renaissance yet, as I it appears my Pandora is still in transit - I hope Customs didn't hold it).

I was going to throw my hat into the ring, being that I consider myself an effective writer, but it would appear that there are enough other talented individuals capable of taking up the flag.

Of course, should there still be a need for help, I'm more than willing to do so.

Awesome. Look forward to having an updated blog I can hit to find out what I should be playing with on the Pandora... well, I'd better look forward to getting the Pandora first!
Well, you may be one of the people updating it. If you so desire!

I have just sent out PMs to Moxie, Eridger, Coldbird, torpor, LukeVP, and indeed, Gadgetoid.

Not PM'd at this stage, but gratefully acknowledged: trevj, Timstertoo, sverm, Agent_Orange, and DavidBowman. We can only take on so many people at once, but rest assured, you are still 'on file'. :)

Awesome. Look forward to having an updated blog I can hit to find out what I should be playing with on the Pandora... well, I'd better look forward to getting the Pandora first!
Well, you may be one of the people updating it. If you so desire!

I have just sent out PMs to Moxie, Eridger, Coldbird, torpor, LukeVP, and indeed, Gadgetoid.

Not PM'd at this stage, but gratefully acknowledged: trevj, Timstertoo, sverm, Agent_Orange, and DavidBowman. We can only take on so many people at once, but rest assured, you are still 'on file'. :)

Great stuff! Will be nice to read the tips and tricks others come up with :)

So, any writers out there who like writing?
I don't particularly like writing, but I'm generally pretty live with the information, as I read 80% of my stalker's data :)

I'm mostly on IRC and I read the forum posts from the head, so I wouldn't be good for community news outside the file archive and IRC.

EDIT: I also have a pandora(as of last week), so I can also provide my own experiences with different things.

Last edited by a moderator:
No one has written a thing. I know not everyone who signed up was going to do daily news, and that's ok, but the idea was that at least a couple of people would. I haven't even heard from anyone. I've set up author forums to help run the blog and it's only myself, foxblock and atomicthumbs visiting them. I'm wondering if I farted or something.

Gruso, I am in the middle of doing an article for developing on the Pandora, but with the HF5/no-gcc kerfluffle, its put a bit of a damper on things. Until we get that sorted out, the article isn't really of any use .. but rest assured that I'm working on it. When we get the compile-onboard working again, I'll put the finishing touches to the article and send it to you for review ..

I guess I'll also have a bit of a think about some shorter/nearer-term writing I can do for PandoraPress ..

I'd be happy to post something, so long as you'd understand that I'd not be your go-to guy for daily updates. I think I could swing once a week however.

Back