Release Pandorapanic! Needs You!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokeParadox

Founder of Pirate Games - Penjin Coder
Staff member
Website
www.projectinfinity.org.uk
PandoraPanic! is a community made minigame compilation in the same vain as WarioWare.
It is progressing nicely and we should have something ready for on or around launch of the Pandora.

We have a reasonable number of coders step forward, but we need artists to step forward and help us make this look nicer.
Also it's kind of silent currently... again I ask that anyone that can make music or sound effects step forward and help us get this game ready! :)

If you are at all interested visit the thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

PSyMastR

\m/O__O\m/
Website
Visit site
bakawhite said:
Sad that nobody's replied here. Cmon' people!
That's because most people who reply do so in the actual Pandora Panic! thread.

PokeParadox

Staff member
Website
Yeah this was more of an "eye catcher" thread. People are contributing now... things are progressing well, but the more the merrier! :)

rooster

Website
Visit site
If you need any original game music producing I am happy to contribute.

Examples tracks: KuruKuru2X... Nastiness... Mr Pants Goes To The Seaside... Ride East... The Lost Waves (tune in the OutRun style) can be auditioned here

PokeParadox

Staff member
Website
rooster said:
If you need any original game music producing I am happy to contribute.

Examples tracks: KuruKuru2X... Nastiness... Mr Pants Goes To The Seaside... Ride East... The Lost Waves (tune in the OutRun style) can be auditioned here

Some funky credits music? :)
Or HiScore screen music

Vorporeal

Yes, no, I, this is.
Website
Visit site
I'd be up for coding a minigame, but I don't really know anything about C++. I'm a fairly experienced C (and Java) coder; are there any good guides for a quick C->C++ transition? I've got an idea for a minigame that I'd love to try to realize, but my lack of C++ knowledge makes that difficult.

PokeParadox

Staff member
Website
Vorporeal said:
I'd be up for coding a minigame, but I don't really know anything about C++. I'm a fairly experienced C (and Java) coder; are there any good guides for a quick C->C++ transition? I've got an idea for a minigame that I'd love to try to realize, but my lack of C++ knowledge makes that difficult.
All I can say is just try it. You know Java and C? I'd say you are more than ready. I have provided the framework, you can see this as being similar to Java provided their classes.

There is a lot of common syntax in C++ and Java. Seriously just jump right in and you will hopefully be pleasantly surprised. I'm here to offer help in the devthread

As for a quick guide... I don't know of any off hand. The main differences are that you can have pointers in c++ and the OOP way is not a strictly enforced.

todd

+1 on just trying.

PandoraPanic has whetted my appetite to actually learn C++. But, working with Java (and historically C), I've found it pretty easy to jump into C++.

Google SDL for tutorials: it's a nice model.

Look at other minigames (e.g., Space Invaders) for examples of how it works.

Some helpful links:

To set up to code on PandoraPanic:
  • http://www.projectinfinity.org.uk/wiki/doku.php/multi:pandorapanic?s[]=pandorapanic

General C++:
  • http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/
  • http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/
  • http://www.cppreference.com/
--Todd

jakshep2

Website
Visit site
PandoraPanic.png

EDIT: ahh, crap. It's too big. how can I change it so it's smaller?

Status
Not open for further replies.