Pandora Tests

paddy

Website
Visit site
I was wondering if it would be a good idea to have some specific hardware tests users could do to test many aspects of the pandora hardware ,lcd (brightness/gamma/pixels),speakers,touchscreen this sort of thing where users can do tests regulated by OPT so if there are any possible problems the user can go away and perform tests first before reporting possible faults with units.

Battery test
LCD test
WIFI test
Touchscreen test
Data read/write test
Cpu test
Anolog Nub test
Misc button test for game controls
Keymat test
Speaker/Volume Test

I don't know in what way we could test the hardware best ,but mabe OPT have a good way of doing this
so they know a unit or part of a unit is faulty ,for instance the battery test being talked about in another
thread ,i wish to test my battery as i want to know i am getting the most out of it ,a cpu test could be one where
the user can try some crash apps or something ,like a stress test ,this means the user can know for sure the hardware
is functioning to spec and can keep an eye on it ,monthly maintenance if you like to all aspects of the hardware.

This would save time in the longrun and keep new threads to a minimum ,means OPT/Ed doesn't have to be hassled 24/7 wwith questions as well as the man is doing plenty already.

We should have a sticky for this kind of thing and if a user has a problem they can be directed to this to diagnose the problem as well ,good idea or another waste of digital paper ?

I'm trying to collect useful stuff in the Tweaks Thread and I'm sure these infos will evolve over time.

Back