GP32 Gp32 Complete Testing Program Idea

DaveC

Internal Development
It would be nice to have a little app that can perform all tests in a single fxe.
The things that it would include:

Joystick tester - graphical display of the directions including diagonals with a sound that would play when each direction was hit.

Button tester - use to test the buttons similar to joystick tester.

Speaker sound test - a sound would play and test left and right and also both at the same time. can be used to check to see if the volume in both speakers is consistant w/each other too.

LCD pixel tester - use to look to see if your unit has any dead pixels on the screen. Test would display a white screen to test for dark stuck pixels, a black screen for light dead pixels, and a pure red, green, and blue screen to test for color dependant dead pixels.

Overclock test - tests to see how high your unit can overclock before resetting.

Various port tests - checks your I/O ports .

The program would have a nice intuitive menu system to select tests.

I think this could be real useful, especially if you are buying a unit and want to make sure it is fully in working order etc.

you can do the first few with the euro firmware if you press a combination of buttons, which i cant remember, so if anyone knows it please post it up here

woogal posted on Aug 22 2004 at 09:11 AM said:
Most of that already exists if you do LRRLRRLL from the original fw (possibly from the eurofw too)
Yes you can do some things that way but it would be nice to have an app that does all of it in one including the pixel tester and overclock tester that is not in that firmware. Plus not everyone has access to those if they flashed their systems.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back