Pandora Team: How Do You Handle It?

bustaballs

There's a handful of haters that like to spread some hate around these forums. You guys work so hard and get so much shit from these people. Every day you hear everything from incorrect quotes to simple false accusations to conspiracy theories. You guys always answer the haters with a simple and polite answer that reflects all of the knowledge you have. You don't ban them. you don't even lock the topic most of the time. I couldn't do it. How do you handle it?

They just ignore it. They know that one day, they will release the Pandora upon the world, and shut the mouths of all of the nay-sayers and conspiracy theorists. Until then, there's no point in arguing with them. They're taking the high road (read: being professional about it, for the most part) and turning the other cheek.

There doesn't seem to be that much "hate", really. A little frustration from waiting, but it's not too bad considering.

Vorporeal said:
They just ignore it. They know that one day, they will release the Pandora upon the world, and shut the mouths of all of the nay-sayers and conspiracy theorists. Until then, there's no point in arguing with them. They're taking the high road (read: being professional about it, for the most part) and turning the other cheek.

Exactly. Even if some of those customers are a bit... er... pretty "anxious" (I felt like that once regarding this project to be honest) or "justifiedly annoyed" or even just plain... well... idiotic... (sorry, but "idiotic" sounds less rude than "moronic", right? :p ), they (and all of us) are customers. So, no matter how annoying a customer can be, he / she is still a customer. So I think politeness seems to be the only correct anserw to any troublesome customer.

So the best course of action: anserw politely, then yeah, ignore them if possible.

Also... hi guys! My first post in many months :lol: .

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that they're pretty secure in the knowledge that there is simply no industry incentive to make anything that competes with the Pandora, thus there will always be demand for it.

Devices that come close to garnering my attention; the new Archos 5, and Nokia N900 just don't make the grade and, as much as I'd like to have one, it's unlikely I'll even get my hands on one I can call my own before the Pandora arrives (to say nothing of their price tags, specifically the £479 cost of the more appealing N900).

I think 1yr of delays justifies fustration but I don't think people come to forums just to hate the OP team. I can't even remember the last time I saw somebody swearing here. If people truly hated Craig and the team than surely they wouldn't have waited this long or even brought the product in the first place. I honestly beleive that everybody is fustrated and people who express their fustration are usually more vulnerable of being hated. Overall there are more people who have tried to encourage Craig then people expressing fustration. When there is one person trying to insult Craig, there would be about 5 people who stand up for him.

Yeah, whenever I do come here sniffing for news, it's just the same people saying the same things, if you read a topic title that interests you, after the first post you have to scroll through pages and pages and pages (no exaggeration) of tiresome speculation and bickering to find someone with the "gp32" badge, that's the only guarantee of a sane post :D
Maybe the forum just has too many people posting to it for it's own good. Forums should be a joy to read, this one is very hard work.

I just use alcohol. It means that my top priority is where my next drink is coming from, this help me put things in to perspective.

Gruso takes his frustration out on helpless kittens, you could try that.

craigix said:
I just use alcohol. It means that my top priority is where my next drink is coming from, this help me put things in to perspective.

Ahhh alcohol cause of and solution to most of the world's problems.

-Homer Simpson-

craigix said:

I was just thinking about the same... Great minds...

LastPucho said:
Also... hi guys! My first post in many months :lol: .

Run while you can! Seriously. I managed to stay away for a good couple of months and then I got sucked back in again. I really have to steer clear of this place and only focus on the unofficial blog.

Gruso said:
Don't be fooled. They might look helpless, but you'd best land the first blow.

I think I have a new sigline: "They might look helpless, but you'd best land the first blow."

Shoot it's not even easy for just a plain member of this community to talk about anything either without getting attacked. I just tried out the new chat feature over at Gruso's site and mentioned I had just read at Engadget that the 2Ghz A9's were tested and were to ship Q4 2009 according to that article. I said that the 600Mhz processor would probably be good enough for everything I was expecting to use the Pandora for but would a 2Ghz one be nice to have. Then I said I hope the articles which mention the chips shipping in Q4 don't start getting some People mad. Someone posted that if the pins were compatible someone would come up with a soldering solution to which I posted I would imagine that they would be no where near compatible. Then along comes one of the bully's who tells me how wrong I am to think I can have an A9 in my Pandora, as those chips will never be in anything until at least the middle of next year, and I shouldn't talk about this as I would stir up trouble etc. Clearly someone who does not pay attention to what a person says but clearly thinks they know more and you are stupid. I have seen quite a lot of this since joining the board. And I don't get it, I see that on NO other boards I have ever joined. But I do want to clarify, that having talked with some of you there are some really great people here who have taught me quite a lot despite not even having Pandora's yet, and some while not even talking to me specifically. Thee are some smart, friendly people here who are quite enjoyable to read. But those few who act all bully like, they can really put a bad taste in your mouth and quick. Especially if you are new.

The OP team can only have it 10x worse. But they handle it so well, actually better than anyone I have seen thus far. It would be so easy to need to post against every accusation and to start to get defensive. Yet they keep it calm and cool. If it's Alcohol Craig, then let's hope it's Champagne and not the cheap stuff when this is all over.

Yea, the Cortex A9 looks sick! 250mW of power per CPU and it beats N270. That's incredible. Not only is it faster, but it uses 75% less power!

Back