How Are You Feeling About The Pandora Today?

Looking forward to my replacement unit so I can port Firefox 4 Beta 8!

I'm sad to hear that some devs have already given up on Pandora, and hope more people take delivery of their units soon.

(and I laughed at Dunny's sig... clever :lol: )

A bit down, since my third Pandora broke... and now I have to send back for a forth.

If the next one breaks, it's getting sold on Ebay (the fifth one). 100% promise.

The analog nubs kept breaking, the case didn't fit exactly, the shoulder buttons aren't perfect, etc.

I'm going in to work today, when everyone else at the office has already started their >1 week vacations... wish I had my Pandora... might make the day a bit easier to deal with.

I haven't ordered one, I'm doing fine with my Game Gear, DS Lite, and GB Pocket in terms of gaming, I'm okay with my netbook with it's 4-hr battery life for work, email, and media, and I have over 5 home consoles to keep me busy, but I really need something for emulation; maybe I should just settle for a Caanoo now that it has enough software out there, or purchase a less expensive PSP 3000, though I really like the Pandora and even though it may be the handheld of my dreams, I think it would be best to let it go because I'll probably never get one and I am satisfied with what I have now, and with what is within my reach.

Another christmas with no pandora... I both appreciate and am upset with DaveCs candidness.

I have a Pandora. Was in position 3000 and got a 1 nubber when possible.

Pandora is a nice piece of hardware and software. It is possible to improve it in many ways, but the only problem is availability.

I posted several months ago about this and I didnt change my opinion. Pandora Project will die due to availability problems (if is not dead right now). This is getting worse with the time. People start canceling and forgetting about all of this project.

With the years new consoles appears, new devices, mobile phones etc, people want just to have the machine to play, coding or whatever... I understant people who waited (and paid) 2 or 3 years for nothing and want to cancel.

About money, I understand a development for 3 years, problems everywhere, shipping cost, people asking for refunds etc, should have some impact in Craigs wallet. Pandora project didnt take off, the icontrol either, and more important, they are losing the confidence of the possible clients.

Today I feel a little depressed about the Pandoras prospects.

Thank god its still all alive but that has to be another Christmas miracle with all the problems OPT have faced (some their fault and some not).

Thought seriously about buying one from ebay but what is the point in buying one of the earlier models with the nub problems, LCD cable etc etc etc - warranted yes but repairs are seriously delayed so whats the point in spending £350 - £500.

Do not care if the case itself is crap as long as everything else is ok which up to press has not been the case.

Cannot think I will feel any different tomorrow but hopefully 6 months from now all batch 1 will be delivered but I will not hold my breath.

trying to get videos to play today on my pandora.no luck.only sound plays, odd.will sort it eventually.

wrath of khan said:
trying to get videos to play today on my pandora.no luck.only sound plays, odd.will sort it eventually.
I've found a weird thing with MPlayer that if the video is larger than the screen in any way, all you get is black. So anything wider than 800 or taller than 480 gets no picture. If you double tap the full black window, it'll go full screen and scale the video appropriately, should be able to play then.

Last edited by a moderator:
.................wondering if the 350 boards are now stuck in snow for the next few months

..as for the rest of the boards wonder, if they will all be sent out before next Christmas (fully working with nubs)

Happy that I have a new PSX emu to mess with. God I love PSX games!

So as Craig has tweeted, there are 350 Pandas shipping next week. This fills me with hope, but it's tempered with the fact that Craig is one of the following:

A. Lying
B. Misinformed
C. Over-optimistic
D. All of the above.

I'm also less than confident that mine will be in that 350 - I'm at number 400-500 on Craig's queue, so with all the RMAs and ED/Fatih's customers it's unlikely that I'll get mine.

So back to feeling like shit, I suppose.

D.

Back