Pandora-Tan Character Art

second exodous said:
Is this the one you're talking about?

I like that one more just because she seems more lively than the rest. The tattoo is the only thing I don't really like about it.

My only thing is the outfit. What if we COMBINED them.
combine.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
RoboShmup said:
MonkeyChops said:
I know these are rough designs so don't take offense to this, I just noticed something I thought was funny. With the shading around her legs it looks like she really needs a wax job. :D
I thought the same thing, lol. Those crosshatched shadows should need to go bye in the final design. Also, arms are short and left hand could be bigger.

Lookin' good though. I don't like anime much, but this isn't even very animeish. Nice job!

I'll try to make some pandora related art stuff over the break.
I was also guilty of similar thoughts...

darien said:
second exodous said:
Is this the one you're talking about?

I like that one more just because she seems more lively than the rest. The tattoo is the only thing I don't really like about it.

My only thing is the outfit. What if we COMBINED them.
combine.jpg
Yeah, maybe that exact same girl with more cloths would be better. I like her the best though.

Edit: I really liked the long hair in Tj's though, if you did yours with a little more motion and longer hair I think you'd get a little closer.

I thought we agreed on this one last year?

2dbjuh0.jpg

I think PoisonedV made this.

It looks like she has a horrible mutated version of Flandre's wing-a-ling-diamonds.
http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/File:pMiSS_flandre.jpg

The combined one is okay except for the weird boob marks (That just looks awkward..), and the fact that I just now thought about Combine Pandora-tan, from Half-Life 2.

Hello, this is chibiinochi.
Thanks for the comments for this thread, we're actually surprised (and pleased) to see how many people responded.

Mr B; yeah, it is pretty much concept art. I was sketching out a few ideas for her outfit, scanned it, played around with the colors, exchanging opinions with Tj. I should have made that clear in the first place... It's not completed at all.

adtbm; I kinda felt the 80's in there too... probably because I've been watching old anime a lot recently...

majingohan99; thanks for the suggestions! I will consider changing the hair color. as much as i like blond, it seems some other color could work better with the outfit. You think the frills were little over doing it?

Dimacus; I guess they do stick out a bit too much... I'll keep the color tone balanced all around then. Gonna go look around for some reference and see if i can come up with a better design for the boots too.

Once again, thanks for the people who showed interest. I would like to finalize her design and make an illustration worthy of a wall paper in time, but I'm gonna be busy until Monday so nothing from me until then... Tj will probably come back in a few hours.

Good to see it was well received. I REALLY want to see TJ's work in a more completed version, but as i said, yours is on a different stage of development, and i see potential there as well. It's just a matter of turning her into something that looks alive. I'll wait for monday, next week even, if i have to. Just wanna see more.
Cheers mate.
B!

Holy crap! Thanks for all the positive replies, folks, chibiinochi and I really appreciate it. :)

WizardStan said:
but why all the blue?
Especially after that long debate about the anti-merits (there's a proper word for this, but I forget what it is) of blue LEDs :p
I was a proponent for the blue LEDs, does it show? :lol:
Actually I needed to add some color to the design, and blue is pretty much the only other color on Pandora other than black(-ish), and some white.

Mr B said:
Tj, you got a good natural pose. On first glance i'd go for a great picture, and i honestly cant wait for a cleaned up version.
However. (Hey, good critics, are supposed to help, yes?)
You got a LOT of details going on. Your shadows seam slightly messed up, face doesn't match the body shadow. And what material are the "socks" made of. You can see a pair of kneecaps, but not a wrinkle...

(Also i cant help but get a feeling her left leg is ever so slightly to long. (To the right, in picture.))
And, I'm not trying to be rude, or mean, just constructive criticism. I'm so going to keep tabs on this thread, i want to see where these go, and what else gets produced.
Thanks for the input, I didn't find it rude or anything. You're right, her left leg is a little too long; her heel isn't drawn high enough off the ground so her calf is a bit long. I only noticed it after I'd completed the shading, so I left it (and ran out of time). The shadows are inconsistent, but the shading is more for my reference, pulling things foward or pushing them back to help me visualize her form better in 3 dimensions on a 2D drawing. Good eye! ;)

The socks are probably more like opaque stockings: smooth, but only really show folds or wrinkles when the bends are more extreme.

pelrun said:
I also think you've gone a bit overboard on the logo marking on every bit of clothing - dropping the 'pandora' wording for some blue highlight bars might be a better option.
I'm a bit conflicted on this one. Some design roughs I did felt like too much, too little, or too bland. I'm not very fond of this one either. I have a few more design ideas, but I'm going to save them for a redraw. I definitely want to keep at least one "pandora" on one of her stocks/stockings, and one or two logos. Might try the bars idea, too.

Dimacus said:
Her cloth makes me think of one of them car-shows with scantily dressed women presenting the cars and that isn't such a positive thing, in my view.
The panda tattoo on the face doesn't work that well, the one on the belly is ok.
I really LOVE how you have utilized the stylus, it's awesome.
Race queens. :D The image I was trying to put forward with the design was one of confidence, maturity, and visual (& sexual) appeal without looking too slutty. The race queen look kinda just materialized in my head. I was gonna add some see-through areas in the shape of some of the logos, but it wasn't working well and it looked really, really slutty, so I dropped the idea.

I'm surprised everyone seems to be against the panda stickers (not tattoos). Honestly, I don't like the stomach one much, not a fan of belly button piercings either, but I thought the cheek one was cute. Is it that they look like tats, or just the design? Ah well, either way, I'll mess around with it.

DroneB Dev said:
(im ok with the panda once, but the one in the face is way too much, also i believe theres somewhere in the world some kind of panda that looks way too alike and could be copyrighted)
I did some Google image searching for a similar panda, but turned up empty. It's possible something similar has been trademarked somewhere in the world, but I haven't seen anything. Don't worry about having to rotate the image 90°, I'm gonna draw one specifically for Pandora format. :)

The leg hatching, I thought it looked like hair, too. lol I almost took them out, but taking out the rest of the sketchy shading took away the image continuity. I'll make sure she waxes before the next shoot. :D

I'm going to be busy with work in the coming weeks, so I won't have time to do a revision like this one again for a while. I'll try to update with some sketches here and there when I can.

Sorry for the lengthy post! :lol:

I really like the latest from saejinoh. Nice work.

Tj, I agree with you. The face sticker / tatoo / whatever seems to fit better imo than the stomach one. I like the blue highlights, but I think there are too many. Personally I'm glad that we're not going with blue LEDs...they really do overpower everything.

PoisonedV, that is an almost creepy sense of humor, or was it commentary on the whole idea of a Pandora-tan? Arachna-breast and arm-breasts... Crazy.

Edit: just a couple more comments.

The one that saejinoh did looks very nice. I guess it's "cuter" than the other ones? XD

Tom: Your version of PoisonedV's is kind of scary. Just saying. Made me laugh though! :lol:

amf66 said:
The one that saejinoh did looks very nice. I guess it's "cuter" than the other ones? XD

Tom: Your version of PoisonedV's is kind of scary. Just saying. Made me laugh though! :lol:
:wacko:

Why is it that everyone keeps assuming these are mine? Everything that I'm posting here was drawn by saejinoh and posted on openhandhelds.org originally.

So when do we get to see a cleaned up version of TJ's Pandora-Tan, that is an awesome pic

Tom` said:
amf66 said:

:wacko:

Why is it that everyone keeps assuming these are mine? Everything that I'm posting here was drawn by saejinoh and posted on openhandhelds.org originally.

So PoisonedV made the one you posted? I thought you just made a better looking version of PoisonedV's original.

amf66 said:
So PoisonedV made the one you posted? I thought you just made a better looking version of PoisonedV's original.
No! saejinoh drew the original one that I posted a few days ago, then PoisonedV said something like "needs more boobs," so saejinoh drew that one.

Nintendo has Mario, Sega had Sonic, we should have the first girl as a mascot. A game would be sweet if done right.

And I can totally see a Panda Bear sidekick, lol.

Tom` said:
amf66 said:
No! saejinoh drew the original one that I posted a few days ago, then PoisonedV said something like "needs more boobs," so saejinoh drew that one.

Oh... that makes more sense.

Nataku said:
Nintendo has Mario, Sega had Sonic, we should have the first girl as a mascot. A game would be sweet if done right.

And I can totally see a Panda Bear sidekick, lol.

Someone make this please! (if it's good) I would PAY for a copy of it!
Thinking about it I don't really know of any OS-Tan games...

Back