To Warmfluffyuk, Re: Your Pandora Renders

WarmFluffyUK said:
Sorry jpic3yk I am going to ignore you post for this one reason:

Your avatar has Stan the 2nd hand ship salesman from Monkey Island, and I did this a little while back:
Stan!

That... was... AWESOME. Monkey Island and Weird Al, could anything be better? I submit to you that it could not! Great, great, great... any chance of porting it to GP2X :D

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix said:
We do have real life models but as you know the non production ones tend to look chalky and poor quality, releasing photos of them would only lead to the predictable posts saying it looks shit/cheap etc.

Best to wait to show you the nice shiny real production ones I think :)

I'm sure warmfluffy will send you her sexy model.

then again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alP_l62wPsU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djt2uLnJk6g

PLEASE understand these are not the final version they are printed mockups.

;)

I'm no longer worried about the analog nubs, but I am sure as hell worried about the D-Pad and action buttons. I have a DS and I recently started playing it allot more often, once you play it for over three hours or so, you get painful thumb cramps because the D-Pad is too close to the edge. Holding the Pandora and using the D-pad alone looks awkward, just imagine using the D-Pad with the right analog nub, that would feel very strange. I hope that this isn't going to be a problem. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I wondered about that a little too, I'd be using the pad a lot more than the analogues, and you're right, the DS does get a bit uncomfortable over time. The pad and the action buttons are very close to the edge on the Pandora, it is difficult to see how it will be held comfortably during play, but I know the guys have mocked it up, I imagine they've tested it ergonomically and placed all the controls for a reason...

I was also wondering how you'd avoid pushing buttons on the keyboard with the base of your hands during play too, as they're likely to be resting on it seeing as the pad and buttons are further back.

Like I say, I expect it's been tested, has anyone had their hands on one of these prototypes? Can anyone give us an idea of how it feels...?

Fingers (and thumbs) crossed!

®

Back