Pandora Review by Nixie Pixel?

darkborn

Does anybody tried to contact Nixie Pixel for review of Pandora?

As I know, she is quite popular, and please look at her talking about OUYA project:
http://youtu.be/JJUeZWFYqTo
"The Truth About OUYA - Android Gaming Console"

IMHO it should be done / verified by ED, as he is as trust-worth as possible right now

(...and because Craig would probably sell her ouya2 instead of advertising Pandora)

(edit:typos)

Last edited by a moderator:

As I know, she is quite popular, and please look at her talking about OUYA project:

Sorry for the OT, but why exactly is Ouya an open source console ?

I agree, I've watched a fair few of her vids for some Linux info.

She does get good following too, sure she would love to use one if not already ... which I'm guessing she hadn't else would've seen a review from her probably eh

I like her reviews, she likes linux and games, so it should be the right person.
I've always considered her to be pretty much devoid of charisma, especially in relation to other 'Girls into Tech / Games' (like Felicia Day / Veronica Belmont / Dodger etc).  I think the only reason she has any following at all is because she's a reasonably attractive female who's genuinely into Linux.  All else being equal, if her videos were done by some guy (say who looked like the guy who does This Week In Linux), then I don't think anyone would watch the content.  It's just that she has no competition.

In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

...have to look at the eyes... I have to look at her eyes... I have to ...

hey, never noticed she were missing a bit of her head...

Sorry for the OT, but why exactly is Ouya an open source console ?
As I know, only free and open source games should be allowed at OUYA. I am not sure about hardware, but most likely it is not open source, because most of the standards today are patented and copyrighted.

As far as I understand, OUYA will allow any game that is "free to play". I don't think they require games to be open source or Free, and they allow in-game purchases. Just you have to be able to try the game gratis.

This is basically back to the age of shareware and freeware. Nothing really open about it, except if you compare to the hugely closed consoles like Nintendo.

As far as I understand, OUYA will allow any game that is "free to play". I don't think they require games to be open source or Free, and they allow in-game purchases. Just you have to be able to try the game gratis.

This is basically back to the age of shareware and freeware. Nothing really open about it, except if you compare to the hugely closed consoles like Nintendo.
It runs Android, that's the open source aspect.
Thanks, so its no more open source than every other device that runs Android

Well, this becomes off topic... Android mostly is not open source nor is it OUYA, agree with all.

But point is about possibility of marketing promotion at Nixie Pixel show, not about "purity" and "honor" of OS/hardware.

No, this is basically back to the mumbling about other gaming solutions, instead looking at opportunity to save our project.
Who cares about OUYA!
(it is just that annoying thing: this "back-age" device picked up $8+ millions that... we could be just jealous about, obviously)

Thanks, so its no more open source than every other device that runs Android
This has not to be true. Please, do understand that there are plenty of flavours of Android. Some of them are partly closed source and proprietary, and some are as open as it is possible.

For instance, CyanogenMod, Replicant, Slim ROMS, OMS (Open Mobile System) or UrukDroid (hybrid with Linux) are Free, Open Source and GPL/GNU full flavour Android OSes.
There are plenty of free (but mostly not Open Source) solutions like MIUI, DarkyROM, Ubuntu Android hybrid (nominaly Open Source) and so on.

And there are of course closed source, heavily modified proprietary solutions like Amazon (Kindle) Android, Barnes and Noble version, China mobile's OPhone (version of OMS), Baidu Yi, Alibaba's Aliyun OS (hybrid with Linux) etc.

All of that beside Google official version and derivates of Google partners.

For example, it is possible that at the OUYA cloud store, only Open Source games will be allowed (I doubt, but it is possible).

Actually I do not have a clue what should be @OUYA (frankly, I do not care about).

This has not to be true. Please, do understand that there are plenty of flavours of Android. ...All of that beside Google official version and derivates of Google partners.

For example, it is possible that at the OUYA cloud store, only Open Source games will be allowed (I doubt, but it is possible).

Actually I do not have a clue what should be @OUYA (frankly, I do not care about).
That maybe true (don't know that much about Android) but the basic point is that the Ouya is an "open source console" (too whatever degree that might be) simply because of the fact that it runs Android. But if Android wasn't open source and the people behind Ouya would still get it (more or less) for free, they wouldn't mind.There is also no reason to believe that they would only allow Open Source games. They want to make money with this thing, so it is very unlikely that they would refuse any big publisher that would want to get in. Which in turn is not very likely as I don't see any reason why someone (who wants to make money with his games) would tailer its game specificially for the Ouya.

back to the point... not a bad idea, she'll surely sell more pandoras than craig

This has not to be true. Please, do understand that there are plenty of flavours of Android. ...All of that beside Google official version and derivates of Google partners.

That maybe true (don't know that much about Android) but the basic point is that the Ouya is an "open source console" (too whatever degree that might be) simply because of the fact that it runs Android. But if Android wasn't open source and the people behind Ouya would still get it (more or less) for free, they wouldn't mind.
There is also no reason to believe that they would only allow Open Source games. They want to make money with this thing, so it is very unlikely that they would refuse any big publisher that would want to get in. Which in turn is not very likely as I don't see any reason why someone (who wants to make money with his games) would tailer its game specificially for the Ouya.
They got $8,596,474 as a kickstarter project, also they sold thousands of preorders so they got money, fame... more then most of us will ever. :)

"Open console" is just a buzzword made but journalists; OUYA crew just "saw an opportunity to open up the last closed game platform — the TV."

So, now you can open your TV without a screwdriver.

Again, it is not about ..., it is about Nixie Pixel, possibly promoting Pandora.

She was so adored thrilled with ehm other "open console", and as a Linux fan it is hard to believe that she missed Pandora... In fact, she could help us on a long term, as a promoter of Pandora. As she said in video, she supported OUYA financially, so... ED, what you are waiting for? ;-)

(edit: link to http://www.ouya.tv/about/)

They got $8,596,474 as a kickstarter project, also they sold thousands of preorders so they got money, fame... more then most of us will ever. :)
But they still want to make money with it(why else should they have taken the financial risk involved in the project).
Again, it is not about ..., it is about Nixie Pixel, possibly promoting Pandora.

She was so adored...
Don't see anything that qualifies her as a promoter, except that she has an audience. I would rather try to poke in the tech/geek/retro/gamer direction.

Back