Pandora Status Update

Chip said:
Duncan said:
Ah, so we'll all get it eventually? I don't know what's happening any more. :(

Maybe you will and maybe you won't. I've said it a few times, and I'll keep saying it until everybody gets it: There is no pattwern for who has to reorder. It is essentially random.

OK, that's fine. I totally understand that your team are as annoyed as some of us are confused with the situation, but I appreciate the update all the same. I'm sure it'll all turn out good in the end.

Have to say (well, don't have to, but going to anyway :D) that the slightly patronising tone I've read of some of the other prospective owners on here is a little grating now, though, but everyone has their way of dealing with this, i guess!

Last edited by a moderator:
Duncan said:
...but everyone has their way of dealing with this, i guess!

Best thing I've heard on the subject in a while. I can understand the frustration from both sides. As a developer (mostly software, but some minor hardware) and sole manager of a small business, I can understand the frustration being felt by Craig(ix) and Co. From the information we have, they're doing their best to make good on a bad situation primarily outside their control (credit card issues from the banks and LCD issues from the manufacturers).

On the other hand, $400+ (for us Aussies) is alot of money and up until the credit card issue was leaked by Craig(ix), there wasn't any major bad news spoiling the idea of us getting the units by the end of the month. Hell, I had the pre-order done as a Father's Day present from my kids. To be told that it is highly likely I won't get it until after Summer Solstice / New Year is a major drop from the excitement that was being built (by developers and community alike).

I used to deal with things by becoming obsessive. Now I distract myself. It needs to be understood that there is valid frustration on both sides. Let the whingers blow off a little steam and let the developers try to make good a bad (or, at the very least, uncomfortable) situation.

So ends my take on the kerfuffle.

Chip said:
Duncan said:
Ah, so we'll all get it eventually? I don't know what's happening any more. :(

Maybe you will and maybe you won't. I've said it a few times, and I'll keep saying it until everybody gets it: There is no pattwern for who has to reorder. It is essentially random.
I'm afraid I don't believe this. Of course it's not random. The circumstances of which cards will be refunded is plainly known by somebody. I want to support Pandora, but this economy with the truth is putting me off reordering if my initial order is refunded.

finisterre said:
I'm afraid I don't believe this. Of course it's not random. The circumstances of which cards will be refunded is plainly known by somebody. I want to support Pandora, but this economy with the truth is putting me off reordering if my initial order is refunded.
You're quite right, there is most likely some criteria for which cards are refunded, however Chip and perhaps even craigix could be kept in the dark as to the exact details.

I'm very interested to hear the full story after it is all over. For now, I trust that whatever the underlying reasons, it will all work out.

finisterre said:
Of course it's not random. The circumstances of which cards will be refunded is plainly known by somebody.
It's essentially random, in that when you ordered, where you ordered from, and what kind of card you used do not matter.

The only criteria that determines who has to reorder and who doesn't is whether or not your order was successfully processed before the decision was made to change banks.

I've never received ANY emails (other than my order confirmation) from these folk, I never got any email about the pre-order of the pandora or anything else even though I'm on the mailing list. Assuming there's some kind of problem here (not spam, as I check my spam folder before emptying it) how can I double-check that my order has not been affected? I paid with a CC. Thanks!

superquake said:
I've never received ANY emails (other than my order confirmation) from these folk, I never got any email about the pre-order of the pandora or anything else even though I'm on the mailing list. Assuming there's some kind of problem here (not spam, as I check my spam folder before emptying it) how can I double-check that my order has not been affected? I paid with a CC. Thanks!
The mailing list had problems. If your confirmation mail went through, the re-order mail should go through, too, if it is sent.

finisterre said:
I'm pretty sure you don't have to wait for the email to cancel your order. Just send them a mail that you want your money back.

Or STFU about it. Like, whatever...

finisterre said:
Of course it's not random.

It's chaotic then, and the factors that go into determining the outcome are so complex that it may as well be random.

I haven't gotten an email yet, and I got my preorder in on day one, so here's to hoping I don't have to "deal with" reordering :D

I got mine in during the first half-hour, and did get an e-mail, so I don't think the time or day you ordered is a factor. ;)

The powers that be have said it's random. I'm pretty sure that if they had an easy way of telling who was going to need to reorder they would tell us, if for no other reason than saving their own time.

That said, my biggest worry is that the email stating my order was canceled and I need to reorder will get gobbled up by my spam filter (which I do not have control of). However, I have not seen a refund on my credit card yet; has anybody else got a refund without an email or do they happen at the same time?

TheCraiggers said:
The powers that be have said it's random. I'm pretty sure that if they had an easy way of telling who was going to need to reorder they would tell us, if for no other reason than saving their own time.

That said, my biggest worry is that the email stating my order was canceled and I need to reorder will get gobbled up by my spam filter (which I do not have control of). However, I have not seen a refund on my credit card yet; has anybody else got a refund without an email or do they happen at the same time?
they dont happen at the same time, i got the email right at the start but am still waiting for the funds to go back into my account before i re-order it, considering that i dont have the funds to reorder without them going back into my account i think thats fair lol

TheCraiggers said:
The powers that be have said it's random.

Actually, it's ordered geographically.
Chip said:
I've had a nice chat with Craig today about the Pandora project status.
[...snip...]

Credit Card Orders
As you know, some (not all) credit card orders will have to be refunded and the orders re-placed with the new bank. This process will begin tomorrow (or today, if it is already Nov. 4 when you red this). The orders are being refunded geographically - UK, then continental Europe, then North America. The whole process should take about a week.
I think a week may be a bit optimistic. Keep your eyes on this thread also.

sverm said:
TheCraiggers said:
The powers that be have said it's random.

Actually, it's ordered geographically.
Chip said:
I've had a nice chat with Craig today about the Pandora project status.
[...snip...]

Credit Card Orders
As you know, some (not all) credit card orders will have to be refunded and the orders re-placed with the new bank. This process will begin tomorrow (or today, if it is already Nov. 4 when you red this). The orders are being refunded geographically - UK, then continental Europe, then North America. The whole process should take about a week.
I think a week may be a bit optimistic. Keep your eyes on this thread also.

No, TheCraiggers is right. He's saying that it's random who gets them. You were assuming he meant when or in what order people get them.

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
No, TheCraiggers is right. He's saying that it's random who gets them. You were assuming he meant when or in what order people get them.

-God Ginrai
True that. Apologies for the misunderstanding.

Minor status update: There was a bit of a glitch with posting refunds. It has been resolved, and all refunds should be posted by the end of this week (Nov 14). This hold up was, as most have been, beyond the control of Openpandora. I will post a new sticky when all refund emails have been sent. Until then, watch your inbox.

Chip said:
Minor status update: There was a bit of a glitch with posting refunds. It has been resolved, and all refunds should be posted by the end of this week (Nov 14). This hold up was, as most have been, beyond the control of Openpandora. I will post a new sticky when all refund emails have been sent. Until then, watch your inbox.
Thank you for the update.
Is it possible to email the people for which the transfer has gotten through succesfully as well? So we know it won't be stuck in a spam filter or anything else has gone wrong. This can be an email just saying the specs have been upgraded and delivery time will be dec. and on or something similar.

michield said:
Chip said:
Thank you for the update.
Is it possible to email the people for which the transfer has gotten through succesfully as well? So we know it won't be stuck in a spam filter or anything else has gone wrong. This can be an email just saying the specs have been upgraded and delivery time will be dec. and on or something similar.A copy of the email can be found here. It is going out to those that are getting refunds. If you get one you then need to check your account for when the refund clears, which can be a week or so depending on your card suppler.

@Chip: Is it worth editing your first post for this update?

Back