Pandora Status Update

Wolfspirit said:
This is very disappointing. I saw some people mentioning an order number, is that printed anywhere or is there a way to find that out? Also, is it EVERY credit card order or only a select few of them?

Read the first post from Chip - some of them. You'll receive an email if you are affected.

Last edited by a moderator:
i ordered with my hsbc maestro debit card, haven't got an email yet.

Well you take the good with the bad I guess... :pandora1: is still the Ultimate Handheld ™ for what I want it to do, I just hope it arrives before 256MB ram isn't a big deal anymore. :)

My thanks to Chip for laying the hard to find info down in one easy to reach place...the homepage would be even better.

At this point with so many delays, if the Pandora is not shipped by the end of November I'll cancel my order and get an Aspire. I've been checking on the site every day since the beginning of the year and I don't want to waist my time on this with undetermined delays. Especially with so much invested. I have been optimistic about the project and can understand the bank problem which was beyond their control. The LCD problem is also beyond their control but there must be some way to remedy it...

greendots said:
At this point with so many delays, if the Pandora is not shipped by the end of November I'll cancel my order and get an Aspire. I've been checking on the site every day since the beginning of the year and I don't want to waist my time on this with undetermined delays. Especially with so much invested. I have been optimistic about the project and can understand the bank problem which was beyond their control. The LCD problem is also beyond their control but there must be some way to remedy it...
Honestly I hate to say it but I kind of feel the same way. I was hoping this would be a Christmas present. I'm assuming that January might even be a rough estimate at this point if they don't get all of the LCDs in by December. I'm also not sure what will happen if a lot of people start keeping their money and not buying the pandora due to all of this, I'm assuming that this might cause issues as well. I hope this doesn't happen because the pandora looks awesome and is really close to the ideal device that I've been looking for, for quite some time now. So here's hoping that won't happen. :blink:

Perky_Goth said:
Damn, I come back to the forums and I find this...
Well, I'll still be here waiting.
and waiting, and waiting ;)

Ofcourse some new video's, from someone that is not up to his head in the re-ordering process that is, would greatly reduce the boredom of waiting.

What's that, did i hear about the gimp running? :p

In order for you to accept this upgrade we will need to refund your order and ask you to
reorder, this is due to our credit card processor being difficult with us about this.

I don't really understand the reasoning behind this.. why do we need to reorder because the product is changing slightly? If you painted it blue instead of black would we have to do the same thing?

hereitcomes said:
In order for you to accept this upgrade we will need to refund your order and ask you to
reorder, this is due to our credit card processor being difficult with us about this.
I don't really understand the reasoning behind this.. why do we need to reorder because the product is changing slightly? If you painted it blue instead of black would we have to do the same thing?

That is worded a bit awkwardly. In reality, the one is not really caused by the other. The credit card issue definitely would have happened with or without the upgrade, and the upgrade probably would have happened without the credit card issue, though the desire to compensate us for our trouble was one of the deciding factors. The reasoning went something like this:

"Hmm, we have the opertunity to give everybody a free upgrade. It will cost the company a bit, but it will help the community in the end.

Oh crap! There is a problem with some of the credit card orders and a bunch of people are going to have to re-order.

Well, if we go through with the free upgrade, maybe it will make up for the hassle of re-ordering."

Neither is directly caused by the other, thought the refund problem was a consideration in making the upgrade decision.

hereitcomes said:

So it could have been worded better. We all know that this re-order is because their bank was being bitchy.

-God Ginrai

sad thing about it i ordered late sat so im one of the last preorders for sure.

edit to fix a typo

Foehammer said:
I doubt I'm the only one that didn't have their cash together for the pre-order window. Now all I need is for someone to get a little impatient and I can get my :pandora1: order in... ;) .

same

No email received yet. Now there are two options: A) Be happy for not having to re-order. Or B:) Be worried that the email got lost (the newsletter still hasn't arrived, for example..)

Oh, and C) The email could still arrive yet!
:D

Tor said:
No email received yet. Now there are two options: A) Be happy for not having to re-order. Or B:) Be worried that the email got lost (the newsletter still hasn't arrived, for example..)

Yeah i am in the same boat as you....

Think i might contact the pre order team.

Chip said:
hereitcomes said:

That is worded a bit awkwardly (...)

I wonder how much confidence one can put in a company that is not even able to communicate properly when such a huge issue arises and directly affects their customers ? :blink: I mean, this is really worded awkwardly. Why this confusion with the upgrade if it is not directly related to the credit card issue ? Sounds amateurish to me, at least communication wise :huh:

Deed said:
Chip said:
hereitcomes said:

That is worded a bit awkwardly (...)

I wonder how much confidence one can put in a company that is not even able to communicate properly when such a huge issue arises and directly affects their customers ? :blink: I mean, this is really worded awkwardly. Why this confusion with the upgrade if it is not directly related to the credit card issue ? Sounds amateurish to me, at least communication wise :huh:

It does seem to imply that I could say "No thanks, I don't want the upgrade if I have to reorder, just send me it with 128mb please".
But I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt, though i still haven't received the refund.

kfc v lot said:
Tor said:

Yeah i am in the same boat as you....

Think i might contact the pre order team.
I can understand why you say that, and it is your right to do so. But consider that while they are desperately trying to sort the problem accounts out if they have to deal with all the ones that they have either not got to yet or are actually ok - that will cause them a lot of work and possibly delays.

As I said in the other thread:
They have given the forum the information, Chip has communicated with Craig and started the 'official' post and anybody affected will be told by email, ie personally, privately, confidentially, professionally.

When it's done it has been said that they will tell everybody it's done.

If this were most other companies you would not find out until you got an email and even that would not likely give as much detail, or give away a massive spec increase.

We've said it before, but relax, wait and see if you get an email.

I see all this queue-position-discussion, but it doesn't include the other shops out there. I ordered pretty early at EvilDragon's shop, but my order-number is probably shop-related, not pandora-related. How can I know my position in the queue?
Say, only ~600 units will be produced in the first run, how many of those will go to each distributor?

Back