Pandora Status Update

Chip said:
andrewe1 said:
I paid using my visa debit card and the money got sucked out instantly, in my experience its not as easy to refund money to a debit card as it is to a credit card...
Does your debit card have a Visa or Mastercard logo on it? If so, then it's a credit card as far as any online ordering is concerned. The refund will work just fine, unless your bank just plain refuses it for some absurd reason.
Yeah its got a visa logo........

Sigh I live in Mexico and I paid in Mexican Pesos... the exchange rate now is probably gonna make it more expensive :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the update! I rarely post but just wanted to say that pulling through any hard times just makes the cool fun times even better.

by having preordered i knew something like this could happen (pandora dev team still rules!), but i still am wondering if the question a few people have been asking was answered or not.

with the current financial recession the currency exchange rates have been changing and i had to pay a fee for currency to be exchanged when i transfered the money, will that fee be returned and will the refund be according to the exchange rates then, or now?

i understand that its possible noone knows yet, just trying to figure out, i emptied the bank account for this and since then have been injured and unemployed, it will be hard to muster the extra money (if needed) to reorder, so just trying to see if its known so i can make a plan to make a reorder still happen, no way im dropping out now.

Thanks for the concise post at the top of the thread.. :)

Any chance of a weekly roundup of Pandora news? Would save me trying to sift through all the threads on here :p

You know the one thing I feel hereis that aside from the Bank issue possibly delaying things, if the LCD supplier isn't capable of meeting the supply order agreed upon in the contract they should atleast give Craig and ED a discount. They's screwing up a customer's plans and causing them to miss shipping dates, If my own company were to miss deadlines we wouldnt see many return customers unless we gave some form of concession for messing up their schedual.

Granted the Pandora "schedual" such as it is was always very lose but that dosen't mean they should be let off the hook for not meeting their end of the bargin.

Potential delays are unfortunate but if that's the way it is, that's the way it is. I'd rather they were done right than quick.

On the orders, for peace of mind, would it be possible to also email those who don't have to reorder just be sure that everyone knows exactly what their scenario is?

Given the recent confusion over the situation I think it would just be nice to be 100% certain one way or another that nothing gets lost along the way.

I ordered by Credit Card, but due to the credit crunch, straight after i cut it into 20 odd pieces and lobbed it away so i couldnt spend anymore, if i have to refund is there anyway i can get in contact with Craig to manually process my order again, i dont want to get another card for starters that will take another month to get here! :(

first off, thanks for the update. I think all of those who have put money down just want to have an update on progress, and this sort of post is perfect!

Alpha2 said:
if the LCD supplier isn't capable of meeting the supply order agreed upon in the contract they should atleast give Craig and ED a discount.
I guess it's not like Craig can just wander over and find another manufacturer. Business is business. If someone with bigger and deeper pockets has put in an order for xxxxxx units, pandora will be pushed out. It sucks, but that's the way it is (as I'm sure you've found in your experience).

I have been reading through all different threads, and I think it is safe to assume that if I haven't got the email yet, I am probably unaffected? Will we get an email regardless of if we have been refunded or not? I'd appreciate a "you're safe!" email so I don't have to keep visiting here. Why hasn't this been posted in the main page yet? Is it difficult to post/update the info there? I mean, the specs are out of date! No mention of the increased ram/NAND at all, which is pretty big news. I hope you get posting rights on there! :)

Ps: I am from the uk

Are Maestro debit cards affected?

Another question about the screens, if they decide to go with a different screen in the 2nd batch, I wonder if we will end up in the same situation where there are different quality screens between the 1st and 2nd batch and will they have to be driven slightly differently? We all remember the GP2X fiasco with 2 different screen revisions. I'm sure this will not be the case though.

Hello Chip,

Thanks alot for the excellent job you have done by providing us with the detailed information you've collected !!!

Since i was one of the Victims involved in the PayPal refund. i paid the second time via German Bank Transfer.
But even if i would have paid with Credit Card AND would have been refunded again, i would order a third time without even thinking about!!!

That's how much i believe in that project and that is how much i want my own personal Pandora !!!

Thanks again to the whole Team behind this project and here i also mean the Forum workers !!!!

Thank you all !!!

Just so you all know, the emails are starting to go out for the re-orders now - sadly I know because I have one. I am UK based. The email is very clear in explaining what is happening. It explains what needs to be done and the changes to memory. I'm not going to re-print it here in case anybody else gets a slightly different version.

I have posted this in a new topic just so people are aware.

krooked said:
with the current financial recession the currency exchange rates have been changing and i had to pay a fee for currency to be exchanged when i transfered the money, will that fee be returned and will the refund be according to the exchange rates then, or now?
I would assume that your refund would be based on exchange rates now, otherwise everyone who isn't in the UK or US would be losing a lot of money. Don't quote me on that though, that's just my speculation.

As for the currency fee, that's charged by your bank, not Craig or his bank. You won't get that back, and personally I wouldn't be surprised if you're hit with another one on the refund. I could be wrong about the refund, but don't exepct the original conversion fee to be refunded, because it won't, and possibly even expect another one on the refund if you're one of the unlucky ones.

Hey, I'll be in the same boat too if I'm in the unlucky group.

EDIT

Chip said:
The orders are being refunded geographically - UK, then continental Europe, then North America.
What about other countries such as Australia? Where do we fit into the above statement?

Thank you Chip for this very useful info!

Sorry if this has been asked before, but will this refund change the order in which the pandoras will be sent? Or will the original order in the queue be kept?

Thanks

Michoko said:
Thank you Chip for this very useful info!

Sorry if this has been asked before, but will this refund change the order in which the pandoras will be sent? Or will the original order in the queue be kept?

Thanks
snippet from my emailQUOTE
you won't lose your place in the queue.

Back