display: 0x1
eglInitialize 1, 1.4
EGL_VENDOR: Imagination Technologies
EGL_VERSION: 1.4 build 1.4.14.2514
EGL_EXTENSIONS: EGL_KHR_image EGL_KHR_image_base EGL_KHR_gl_texture_2D_image
  EGL_KHR_gl_texture_cubemap_image EGL_KHR_gl_renderbuffer_image
  EGL_KHR_vg_parent_image EGL_IMG_context_priority 
EGL_CLIENT_APIS: OpenGL_ES OpenVG

What do I have to init to get glGetString() return stuff?
thanks, notaz!

EGL 1.4 - woot! i'm an EGL toddler but i already have strong preferences toward the latest version : )

yes, as Adventus mentioned, a gl context is needed for the ES part. i could send you some code that does all the housekeeping, but i have no idea what the native pixmap/surface is in this EGL implementation, and you'd need one to create the gl context.

as suggested a ready tool might work too - if there's one around that reported those things. i never got one out of the box on the EGL platforms i've touched so far :/

Last edited by a moderator:
Heres the es 1.1 bits:

GL_VENDOR: Imagination Technologies
GL_RENDERER: PowerVR SGX 530
GL_VERSION: OpenGL ES-CM 1.1
GL_EXTENSIONS: GL_OES_byte_coordinates GL_OES_fixed_point GL_OES_single_precision GL_OES_matrix_get GL_OES_read_format GL_OES_compressed_paletted_texture GL_OES_point_sprite GL_OES_point_size_array GL_OES_matrix_palette GL_OES_draw_texture GL_OES_query_matrix GL_OES_texture_env_crossbar GL_OES_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_OES_texture_cube_map GL_OES_blend_subtract GL_OES_blend_func_separate GL_OES_blend_equation_separate GL_OES_stencil_wrap GL_OES_extended_matrix_palette GL_OES_framebuffer_object GL_OES_rgb8_rgba8 GL_OES_depth24 GL_OES_stencil8 GL_OES_compressed_ETC1_RGB8_texture GL_OES_mapbuffer GL_OES_EGL_image GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_OES_required_internalformat GL_IMG_read_format GL_IMG_texture_compression_pvrtc GL_IMG_texture_format_BGRA8888 GL_EXT_texture_format_BGRA8888 GL_IMG_texture_stream GL_IMG_vertex_program EXT_texture_env_add

hey, Pickle, thanks!

nice things in the 1.1 'freezer' there ; ) i'm surprised they went to such lengths with some things, given their focus is surely elsewhere (ie with 2.0).

darkblu said:
nice things in the 1.1 'freezer' there ; ) i'm surprised they went to such lengths with some things, given their focus is surely elsewhere (ie with 2.0).
I guess (hope) it's because they have some unified driver and ES 1.1 is probably still used by some customers :)

I'm going to put this question here as I'm not sure it warrant's a new topic.

I've noticed that many vids etc, are now being done with the cpu clocked at 500Mhz. As your benchmark here is done at.
Is this the current default instead of 600Mhz? Due to the current firmware?

I'm aware just because a lot is being done at that speed, doesn't mean it's the new default, the same way when a lot was done at 800Mhz didn't mean it was the default.

Why (in what it's being sold to us) underclock the cpu to what the default is? 600 -> 500Mhz probably wont increase battery life a great deal either.

This isn't a conspiracy theory, just an observation.

500Mhz is officially as fast as you can go on OPP3 (with 100K POH guaranteed). 600Mhz is only guaranteed at OPP5 (maximal overdrive) with less power-on-hours (it was still 5 years or so). In practice the devices have ran just fine at 600Mhz/OPP3. But that is qualified as overclocking and not guaranteed.

urjaman said:
500Mhz is officially as fast as you can go on OPP3 (with 100K POH guaranteed). 600Mhz is only guaranteed at OPP5 (maximal overdrive) with less power-on-hours (it was still 5 years or so). In practice the devices have ran just fine at 600Mhz/OPP3. But that is qualified as overclocking and not guaranteed.

Trouble is I'm aware of this hence "Why (in what it's being sold to us) underclock the cpu to what the default is"

So, where does that leave the fact that it was and still is being marketed as 600Mhz+?
That says 600Mhz is the default at which we'll be receiving it as.
They would have known what the profiles was well in advance. So bit strange to be lowering it now....

600Mhz+ just means it can go above 600mhz. TI certifies our chips up to 600Mhz so if you OC to 600 Mhz you're still covered under warranty. Whether they default to OC'ing or not... I'd say they should default not. I'd prefer to run it at 600mhz at OPP3, which I don't believe TI certifies them for. [edit]IANAL[/edit]

rabidpoobear said:
600Mhz+ just means it can go above 600mhz. TI certifies our chips up to 600Mhz so if you OC to 600 Mhz you're still covered under warranty. Whether they default to OC'ing or not... I'd say they should default not. I'd prefer to run it at 600mhz at OPP3, which I don't believe TI certifies them for. [edit]IANAL[/edit]
This is my point, sorry I'm not explaining it very well.

That is what TI says, when I say sold to us/marketed, I mean OP.
Look at Official page, now there's no way you can say that means your getting it at a default of 500Mhz, but your ok to overclock to 600Mhz+, it should say 500Mhz+

I'm wondering why they've decided this, and why not go with the higher voltage, where 600Mhz is within TI's spec. This must have always been known.

Any time it's been talked about in the past it was of it running at 600Mhz being the default for the Pandora. Hence I thought it was running with the higher voltage profile.

Jeff added a comment about CPU clocking on the Community Blog, a copy is here:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/51819-quotes-thread-for-the-blog/page__view__findpost__p__820851

So basically you can set it how you like, but past 600MHz it pops up a warning.
An unlucky person not able to go to 600MHz at OPP3 could claim it's faulty and send it back
(my order number is 4815162342)

actioncat2005-LOST4815162342.gif

Attachments

• actioncat2005-LOST4815162342.gif
    actioncat2005-LOST4815162342.gif
    154.3 KB · Views: 87
Thanks Mali,

But the question still remains why demo everything at 500Mhz suddenly? (especially if 600Mhz is considered 'ok')
Is 500Mhz the default in the firmware, but you can slide it to 600 without a warning.
As going by the way it's been spoken about and marketed, I would have thought the default was 600Mhz.
But everything else about how it works in the firmware, would work the same.

I'm not debating overclocking, warranties, etc.
And I'm sure people are thinking well if you want it at 600Mhz, just change it, what's the problem.

No problem, just wondering if that is now the default in the current firmware. :D

Sorry for going around in circle guys. It really was just a question to what the default is. Was trying to avoid the overclocking/warranties debate etc, and probably just made it less clear.

^WizardStan or Peca said that 500MHz is the default, a while ago. I searched a few minutes for a good quote back then, but didn't find anything.
I don't want to reopen old(?) sores, but "clever marketing" might explain it quite well ;)

Yea, that's default from TI, which can be different to the default to what the Pandora runs at. (Bit like factory overclocked graphics cards etc)
But, fair enough, very good point, probably best to leave it.
I was trying my best to skirt around it, but it may end up opening up something best left alone. :lol:

paddy said:
i am currently playing quake 3 on the psp at 22/28fps

Got a source on that one? I can't find a legitimate link, video or screenshot of this. Previous efforts had fallen over due to the 24/56MB *USER* RAM limit. (Bottom 8 MB is system only)

I call shenanigans.

Edit: I've seen versions which are Q1/2 ports of the Quake 3 maps, not the same as real quake 3...

Also note most psp builds of the quakes have many features off to keep speed up. We can do that here too ut so far the Pansy versions are feature complete. Ie: q1 without dynamic lighting is quite common and increases speed several orders, whereas Pansy version defaults it all on

jeffphone

Back