Pandora Seemingly Not Resuming Or Renewing Dhcp Leases

My pandora was hanging my mifi as well, constantly disconnecting, struggling to connect (where all my other devices where fine on it)

I changed the authentication from WPA to WPA2 and changed WPA encryption from TKIP to AES

Since then the two of them are best friends

I *just* had a reoccurence of this problem a few moments ago - it's come up this morning because my router was having trouble yesterday and I needed to reboot it between when I last used my Pandora, and now.

I ran a simple sudo dhclient - witthout specifying a device - and it picked up a new lease without problems. I did this because the very same thing used to work on my main computer back when it was running Kubuntu 7.10.

I'm having similar Wifi dropping and refusing to reconnect problems on three different routers.

Tried the sudo dhclient command and got:

can't create /var/lib/dhcp/dhclient.leases: No such file or directory
Listening on LPF/wlan0/00:19:0f:b0:26
Sending on LPF/wlan0/00:19:0f:b0:26
Listening on LPF/usb0 etc....
Then:
Sending on Socket/fallback
DHCPDISCOVER on wlan0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 8

and it repeats this on usb0 and wlan0 at different interval values for several cycles

Then:
No DHCPOFFERS received
No working leases in persistent database - sleeping
This is driving me nuts.
Any suggestions appreciated.
j.

The only know solution is to disable wifi and re-enable it after a dropped connection

Pleng said:
The only know solution is to disable wifi and re-enable it after a dropped connection
This.

And then try sudo dhclient if you can't pick up an IP address after reconnecting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back