Pandora (school/work Status Demographic)

What age/catagory do you fall into?

• Primary School

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Secondary School

• College (Universities and such)

• Working

• Unemployed

• Fetus?

• Total voters

The company where I'm working at is offering a step by step migration service from MS based workstations to Linux and Open Source apps.

A part of this is serverside apps that can be run on thin clients...

Now the Pandora redefines "thin" and I hope to see it replace the thinclient market soon when it becomes succesfull.

Eniko said:
Needs a disabled option.
Why? Because disabled people cannot work or go to college?!? :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, well for now, I'll just edit the first post with Disabled: 1 for now. If anyone else is disabled, then pm me.

Eniko said:
If you're on disability you're not unemployed but you're also not working. Least where I live.
Over here in Germany many disabled people are working or studying. I would have guessed it's the same in the Netherlands and most other countries.

Klaus said:
Eniko said:
If you're on disability you're not unemployed but you're also not working. Least where I live.
Over here in Germany many disabled people are working or studying. I would have guessed it's the same in the Netherlands and most other countries.

Even though I was mostly being facetious to begin with, I'll explain. You can be disabled, as in you're in a wheelchair and working just fine. But when you're disabled in terms of job market, over here, that means you're on disability income, and you only get that if you've been found incapable of working a regular job. If you are working you're not "disabled" in the work market sense of the word.

Next time I'll just go with fetus.

Eniko said:
But when you're disabled in terms of job market, over here, that means you're on disability income, and you only get that if you've been found incapable of working a regular job. If you are working you're not "disabled" in the work market sense of the word.
It is similiar state as if you are on retirement pension, but not due to age but disability (no offense, no sarcasm). My government (Czech Rep.) treat it such way. I guess that this option really miss in this poll.

Eniko said:
But when you're disabled in terms of job market, over here, that means you're on disability income, and you only get that if you've been found incapable of working a regular job. If you are working you're not "disabled" in the work market sense of the word.
Oh, thank you, and sorry, I wasn't aware of this ambiguity. The English language and me, we get to know each other better every day. :)

This poll has insufficient options, it only lists Primary and secondary school as School levels.

those names only pertain to some countrys, and not everyone will understand what their country's equal is.
And also what about people like me who go to Private schools that enroll students all ages? would I mark Primary or secondary? if it's both!
And don't say whichever one you would be in if you went to a different school because where I live students that go to Public schools go to Pre-school then Elementary school then middle school/Junior high then high school, so I wouldn't know which school levels Primary and Secondary are equal too.
(and if you want to add to the confusion my school age mixes and does not use any grading system so I wouldn't even know which of those I would be in without looking it up)

So I'm gonna not vote in the poll just type it here:

My vote goes towards the non-existent Alternative Educational School option.

I bet I'm the only person on the forum that would vote for that option if it was there XD

Jeshi said:
This poll has insufficient options, it only lists Primary and secondary school as School levels.

those names only pertain to some countrys, and not everyone will understand what their country's equal is.
And also what about people like me who go to Private schools that enroll students all ages? would I mark Primary or secondary? if it's both!
And don't say whichever one you would be in if you went to a different school because where I live students that go to Public schools go to Pre-school then Elementary school then middle school/Junior high then high school, so I wouldn't know which school levels Primary and Secondary are equal too.
(and if you want to add to the confusion my school age mixes and does not use any grading system so I wouldn't even know which of those I would be in without looking it up)

So I'm gonna not vote in the poll just type it here:

My vote goes towards the non-existent Alternative Educational School option.

I bet I'm the only person on the forum that would vote for that option if it was there XD
Goddamn, is everyone unhappy?

Primary is elementary, secondary is middle/high school.

If anyone thinks they are being cute or smart by posting that they have a "special circumstance" that isn't a disability; is just bragging rights, cut it the fuck out.

This poll is pretty much over with considering Working is in first, college in second and secondary school is in third.

You know what I mean ;)
you can make a good estimate about the status of the members when you know their age. It's not the same thing but it's related.

Back