Pandora Frets On Fire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr devil45

Still Fresh
what if someone made a pandora FOF/Ghero type thing for the pandora?kind of like Guitar hero DS with the frets , but what about the strumming? :pandora2:

i think that the best way to do this would be to use a ds-style perphiral for the frets, connecting via usb.i think the strumming could maybe be done with a bluetooth guitar pick-type thing? just imagine playing frets on fire on a train to work/school and playing a cross between air guitar and guitar hero. that would be so fun!!!

What if you posted in the right forum and didn't post the same topic twice? :)

[Topic Moved. Duplicate topics deleted - You've now posted this topic 3 times. Stop it.]

Stop posting on requesting fret on fire.

Fret on fire is too heavy even on High end PC.

Hermes (know on homebrew scene) has done a great job on creating guitarfun (ps2, wii, pc), it's a little guitarhero clone that can fit on any little device and is opensource. Guitarfunn can play fret on fire music.

The pandora is not even out and people want all ^^ let the dev concentrate to the real things like the system and optimising the SDL

Well for a lighter version there is Video Games Hero Full by sumiguchi on DS that exists, but not sure that could be adapted to the P easily as the touch screen is not at a convenient location for that I think

Like I have stated many times before, I think a guitarfun port would be practically ideal. Just use a regular guitar hero controller, a wiimote, or a USB keyboard. No need to go about selling special, funky, peripherals.

have they gotten the controllers to work effectively?

Right now I only have the original GH controller which can only be connected by USB adaptor (which doesnt always work correctly) and the RockBand controller which is connected by a wireless USB dongle. Some how I doubt these would work well.

The best solution is just to make a game similar to it from scratch that can read the chart files for ecah game. Like Beats on the PSP or that imitator on the ipod.

i wonder if Guitar Zero would work...

also , using an official guitar hero controller would not be portable,therefore defying the point of this whole post.it could be done , but it would be impossible to look at such a small screen whilst playing a guitar hero guitar.

It could work similarly to On Tour.
Holding it from the back, and use the bottom row of keys as frets.
Half the screen would be used for strumming and the other half would display the notes.
Dunno if anyone would customize it that much, but it's an idea.

riosingh said:
I don't get it.
is it because i'm old?
don't you kids want to blow shit up?
I don't get it either and I almost qualify as a kid.

Last edited by a moderator:
sindbad said:
riosingh said:
I don't get it.
is it because i'm old?
don't you kids want to blow shit up?
I don't get it either and I almost qualify as a kid.
Ah, so your one of the fetuses that voted in my poll... I didn't know they had internet access inside the womb, is that new?

Alpha2 said:

Right now I only have the original GH controller which can only be connected by USB adaptor (which doesnt always work correctly) and the RockBand controller which is connected by a wireless USB dongle. Some how I doubt these would work well.
"Supports all buttons on Wii Remote, Nunchuk, Classic Controller and Wii Guitar Hero 3 Controller"

http://www.resplect.com/xwii/features.php

Wiimotes seem like a good option here...

Capn_Fish said:
Alpha2 said:

"Supports all buttons on Wii Remote, Nunchuk, Classic Controller and Wii Guitar Hero 3 Controller"

HA
i laugh at you for that comment

ever played frets on fire wii version, using the wiimote

its dreadful, however a cover could be made to make the small tiny buttons easier to press

emcp said:
Capn_Fish said:
Alpha2 said:

HA
i laugh at you for that comment

ever played frets on fire wii version, using the wiimote

its dreadful, however a cover could be made to make the small tiny buttons easier to press

I think he is talking about the Wii Guitar Hero 3 Controller, which uses a wiimote conected to the guitar controller.

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
NO! NO! THE WIIMOTE IS NOT A GUITAR CONTROLLER!THE WII IS BARELY EVEN A CONSOLE! nintendo put bluetooth and infared together and BAM! everyone calls it "innovation" the controllers are interesting at best but the console is humerously underpowered.

back to the point , the idea of using the bottom row of keys was good.if there were just bigger buttons... the splitscreen idea,however, fails, because everyone[especially lefties] would blind themselves every time they strummed.

we need a new perphiral! Guitar Hero Copyright Infringement Edition would be great on any pandora, but would heve to work as well or better than the ds thingy. GHero controllers aren't hard to make; i can make them from playstation one controller boards and lego.the way the software works though , and the strumming mechanism, must be innovative. i think that the software should have a notechart creator mode so people can make any song work. :pandora2: :pandora2:

Edit:yes, i do own a wii.i have many games for it too,but after about a year it has become a punchbag.pity...nintendo could have been less lazy and really made something special...

Mr devil45 said:
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
NO! NO! THE WIIMOTE IS NOT A GUITAR CONTROLLER!THE WII IS BARELY EVEN A CONSOLE! nintendo put bluetooth and infared together and BAM! everyone calls it "innovation" the controllers are interesting at best but the console is humerously underpowered.

back to the point , the idea of using the bottom row of keys was good.if there were just bigger buttons... the splitscreen idea,however, fails, because everyone[especially lefties] would blind themselves every time they strummed.

we need a new perphiral! Guitar Hero Copyright Infringement Edition would be great on any pandora, but would heve to work as well or better than the ds thingy. GHero controllers aren't hard to make; i can make them from playstation one controller boards and lego.the way the software works though , and the strumming mechanism, must be innovative. i think that the software should have a notechart creator mode so people can make any song work. :pandora2: :pandora2:

Edit:yes, i do own a wii.i have many games for it too,but after about a year it has become a punchbag.pity...nintendo could have been less lazy and really made something special...

I think you don't understand what we are saying.

Look at this:

first-look-at-the-nintendo-wii-guitar-hero-iii-controller.jpg

Is a wii guitar controller. It's a guitar with a wiimote embedded. We don't want to use a simple wiimote as a guitar, we are talking about real guitars (well kind of, not *real* instruments, but real guitar-shaped controllers)

@Mr_devil45 you sir are incorrect

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...;ci_sku=8742854

The Wii is just as fast as the Game Cube which was pretty fast for a game system. The PS3 is in another league and the Wii doesn't really compete it also being in another class all its own

The PS3 is faster than nearly every consumer computer on the market right now as far as i know... (with ram and hd limitations.. and locked down HW)

FretsOnFire barly runs on a full blown desktop 1.8ghz sempron with 512mb ram has terrible memory leaks in later versions which seem to get progressively worse. Also FretsOnFire uses x86 on extensions and would have to be completely rewritten to begin with Guitar fun is a better candidate for a port for those that can make out spanish read up here: http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_juego-guita...ara-wii_1052906

This thread is terrible... could somone close it? it has all been discussed before

efegea said:
Mr devil45 said:
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

I think you don't understand what we are saying.

Look at this:

first-look-at-the-nintendo-wii-guitar-hero-iii-controller.jpg

Is a wii guitar controller. It's a guitar with a wiimote embedded. We don't want to use a simple wiimote as a guitar, we are talking about real guitars (well kind of, not *real* instruments, but real guitar-shaped controllers)

At least you covered your ass on that one. Guitar players (serious about music that is) like me get really fucking angry when some dumb little 12 year old (not that you are, just using 12 as an example) considers his controller as a real guitar as if he was actually practicing a real instrument.

I see no reason why anyone would want a guitar hero clone on the Pandora anyway, they don't have those NDS hand grip things avaliable for USB, so it would be completely useless. You would be better of asking for a Tap Tap Revenge clone then a Guitar Hero clone.

/rant

You need to chill if you get very fucking angry.... the answer I was looking for was moderately annoyed....

Edit for on topic (chip has deleted a lot of my useless posts recently :p)

I dont see why it wouldn't be possible to make it work using some of the keyboard and holding the pandora upside down, depends how the keys feel though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back