Pandora Gaming League

Interested in a pandora gaming league?

• Total voters

If the Pandora League goes ahead (and there seems to be enough interest at least) I was thinking that changing the console every week or so and then vote on the game to challenge on. We could then every 3rd week or so, select one member (randomly from willing participants) to pick a game of his/her choice. I think that way we would get a good mix of classic/personal fav's/ hidden gems.

Just my 2 cents

CJ

PS The idea of online multiplayer would be absolutely fantastic on the pandora (4 player bomberman, micromachines or any such similar games)

Bosbeetle said:
I voted no because I am terrible at games :D (that require action)

anyway how can you have a league in adventure games :p
Speed run Hobbit??

Last edited by a moderator:
also if there is an online system developed which i talked about all the members of such online system could use an automated vote system kinda like a poll in a forum then it would tell you what most people wanted to play and it could be set to automatically remove the previous choice from the voting list so the same console cant be picked again the following week etc :)

Bosbeetle said:

Doesn't Super Mario have a scoring system? :p
Although I admit wouldn't make the best for a gaming league

Josh Yaxley said:
Bosbeetle said:

Doesn't Super Mario have a scoring system? :p
Super Mario Bros. is more an action game. ;)

may88 said:
I voted yes. And I'll join in if it's safe an legal to do so.
I'm pretty sure that there's plenty of legally-released stuff that could be used in such a league (there's a hell of a lot of it in that link in my signature :p).

voted yes, very interested in this

Exophase said:
As far as nobody working on it goes, the first version of Temper I release for Pandora will have netplay. It'll need a while before it really matuers, but I'm willing to eventually work with others to get it into other emulators too.

oh hell yea, any eta on temper? :)
I've been dying for some multi-pandora, multiplayer gaming. I agree with you that netplay will be a huge feature for the pandora.

Prometheus said:
may88 said:
I voted yes. And I'll join in if it's safe an legal to do so.
I'm pretty sure that there's plenty of legally-released stuff that could be used in such a league (there's a hell of a lot of it in that link in my signature :p ).

wouldn't it be logical to only participate in the competition if you owned the game?

MonkeyChops said:
oh hell yea, any eta on temper? :)

No, but the main thing I haven't done right now is just the part of the GUI for setting the netplay options, like IPs and stuff >_> First release will be really feature light netplay, but it'll work, and if you have a good ping it should be a pretty solid experience. So far it's passed one Pandora to Pandora test.

very exciting news, Exophase! Thanks for your efforts, I look forward to your temper release :)

MonkeyChops said:
wouldn't it be logical to only participate in the competition if you owned the game?
Yes indeed, but the wealth of legally-downloadable (and in many cases formerly commercial) stuff that's available means that there are also plenty of potential cases where folks wouldn't have to worry about that. :p (And a nice bonus is that there are quite a few lesser-known gems out there, waiting to be discovered.)

Back