Pandora Scheduled In August Right...

x68000 said:
Remember that Channel 4's catch up service is only available to those within the UK
I found that out when I was trying to get some episodes of The IT Crowd. I ended up just using Bittorrent.

Last edited by a moderator:
BigTruck said:
Also, I think he meant wireless as in a cellular provider's USB reciever. My understanding is not all of them have linux drivers. Try it on a linux desktop computer, if it works, it will probably (not definitely) work with the Pandora.
Most of these devices are masquerading as generic usb-serial converters. The only minor pain in getting them running is finding the magic AT commands for your specific modem. The major pain would be the extreme battery munching :(

craigix said:
We will have real, fully working, prototype Pandora systems in Aug which will be taken to a few shows in the UK and Germany.

I think Channel4 in the UK want to do a little feature on the Pandora so you may also see it there.
Got a question here. Do you think both hardware and software will be ready by August in a presentable form? Or are you going to show off the finalized OS'less case (like the one you've shown in the last blog update)? I'm just curious to know how OS devs are doing.

I wonder which programme on C4 the pandora will appear on? From memory the only programme I know of which would cover such a device is "the gadget show", and that's on C5.

ljones

ljones said:
I wonder which programme on C4 the pandora will appear on? From memory the only programme I know of which would cover such a device is "the gadget show", and that's on C5.

There are no current C4 shows for this type of program, but we will be into a new season of programs by then. Unless Craig meant C5 - gadget show feature could be a nice showcase.

edit:typo

Lurkio said:
I hope someone uploads the Pandora Gadget Show feature to Youtube (that's if it ever happens), because then I won't suffer too much exposure to the shows presenters. B)

I don't disagree, I don't watch it myself - but you can't buy that type of publicity, specifically watched by people that spend money on these sorts of things. Mind you there will be those that would say they don't particularly want lots of gadget fans as buyers as they may not bring anything to the community.

TaG said:
ljones said:

There are no current C4 shows for this type of program, but we will be into a new season of programs by then. Unless Craig meant C5 - gadget show feature could be a nice showcase.

edit:typo

We better hope it has a good GUI and Media Player at the time they review it then as they will base their impressions entirely upon those two functions, as they always seem to.

Lurkio said:
I hope someone uploads the Pandora Gadget Show feature to Youtube (that's if it ever happens), because then I won't suffer too much exposure to the shows presenters. B)
I dunno, I could stand a bit more exposure to Suzi Perry. ;)

Firefox said:
I dunno, I could stand a bit more exposure to Suzi Perry. ;)
I couldn't, I don't know why but I intensely dislike the presenters of The Gadget Show (especially Jon Bentley). :huh:

Firefox said:
You dislike Jon Bentley??? Eh? How can you possibly dislike a nice bloke like him? :eek:
Dunno, he just gets on my nerves for some reason.

Having thought about it further I think it's his voice that annoys me.

Back