New, W/ Compat Question

K_Gator

Still Fresh
Hey, new hear, but I've been following the Pandora, etc, for quite some time now. Sorry if this question has already been posted, but I searched as best I can:

Would it be possible for the game Team Fortress Classic to be played on the Pandora? I mean, with all the Pandora's capabilities, I'm sure the actual game would be able to run, but would online mode work? I think it would be freakin' sweet to be able to TF with fellow Pandora-ers. On a side note: Would it also play with people running on the PC?

Heck, maybe we could even get Valve to make a little Steam program for the Pandora. ;)

Oh, and maybe this one could be ported as well (it's actally kinda fun, despite how it looks): http://ganggarrison.com/ - (It's a tongue-in-cheek, 8-bit TF2 rip. :D)

Hello K_Gator, and welcome. :)

Does Team Fortress Classic have the source code available? If it doesn't, then there is no way to port it, I'm afraid.

As for Valve and Steam (I'm not entirely sure from your winking emoticon whether you're entirely serious with this one, but for the sake of reference for others in the future, I'll answer as though you are :p ), it's very unlikely, as far as I'm aware, that the market presented by the Pandora would be big enough for them to invest in porting their software - I don't think it's as simple as "getting" them to make it. ;)

Regarding Gang Garrison, this one has come up before, although I believe it was a few weeks ago, or more. It is not possible to port, as it's made for a Microsoft Windows-only game-creation system, if memory serves. Sorry.

Heh, no, I wasn't serious about Steam (though that would be awesome). And I don't believe that TFC's source code is available, though I wish it were. As you have probably figured out, I'm a general "Team Fortress" fan. ^_^

Anyway, what sort of online games similar to this will be available? I've seen ZEQ2lite, which looks to be good, but what else will/could there be?

That's a good question, but one I can't really answer very well, as online games aren't really my thing. :lol:

You may want to take a look at the Projects Under Development page on the Pandora Wiki, and have a look around the Developers' Corner and Beta Testing sections here on the forums, to see what people are working on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back