Pandora Controllers?

Raz

Would anyone be interested in this? Not pushing or asking or nuthin... Just sayin if it may spark interest in someone...

I mean there should be people out there that could develop mock-ups of the Sony, XBox, Wii, Saturn, etc.. controllers at a cheaper price (USB and Wireless) who want to do this

Perhaps even the Pandora team? Well, Im going to wait until I actually get one to see what happens before choosing a controller.... Maybe Pandora will have one by then

Off-topic: The Pandora only has one USB port right? Any other methods of two-player on one Pandora

EDIT: Didn't want to bring this topic back up... heh heh, but I guess I am pushing a bit too much on this, sorry for that

Last edited by a moderator:
'Raz' said:
Off-topic: The Pandora only has one USB port right? Any other methods of two-player on one Pandora
USB hubs and bluetooth.

'Raz' said:
Would anyone be interested in this? Not pushing or asking or nuthin... Just sayin if it may spark interest in someone...

I mean there should be people out there that could develop mock-ups of the Sony, XBox, Wii, Saturn, etc.. controllers at a cheaper price (USB and Wireless) who want to do this

Perhaps even the Pandora team? Well, Im going to wait until I actually get one to see what happens before choosing a controller.... Maybe Pandora will have one by then

it has blutooth so wii may be possible but...

Anybody interested? A PS3 mockup would be nice.... And Ive seen other people wanting XBox, Saturn and Wii compatiblity

Off-topic: Is the "Logitech Cordless RumblePad" 2 1.1 or 2.0?

You mean you want a USB controller to control your Pandora, but shaped like a different console's controller?

Something about that seems illegal. Or .. unnecessary. I'd just get generic Logitech controllers.

You're asking forum members if they want to manufacture clone controllers? There are endless clones out there, and USB converters for genuine controllers. And if you hadn't noticed yet, Pandora has some pretty sweet gaming controls built right in.

Sorry to be snappy, but this must be your fourth thread on USB controllers.

Advice: Wait until Pandora arrives. Enjoy it the way it is for a week or so. Before long there will be plenty of info rolling in from the community on what they're using. And we'll be maintaining a full compatibility list on the wiki. :)

'cbox' said:
www.retrousb.com
That's awesome, I do wonder why they chose to make the Sega controller into a lefty version.

That seems either quite evil or they flipped the pic.

I really need to stop coming here while I still have money in the bank.

I wouldn't expect any gamepad to be USB 2 when most USB 2 devices can auto-sense and switch to USB 1 (Pandora being an exception) and it'd pointlessly add incompatability with USB 1 devices, while not benefitting from anything USB 2 offers over 1.

'Raz' said:
Well, do USB HUBs that provide a port for Two USB 1s to work on a USB 2 exist? That way 2-player could be achieved...
Yes, that's what USB hubs do.

'Raz' said:
Id really love to see something like XPadder which emulates keyboards from joysticks exist, is this a possibility?
There are some programs that can do this under X11 on Linux, so if what you're running is ran under X (as most things probably will be) then this will work. Of course, this is assuming that the application doesn't support gamepads natively to begin with. I think what you'd want more is a program to emulate the Pandora's gamepad. Maybe we could get something like that built into the kernel somehow.

What would be a cool idea is using the Pandora console as a secondary monitor AND controller for your PC. So, you've got a browser up with controls on your Pandora window and using its gamepad to play.

'Exophase' said:
'Raz' said:
Id really love to see something like XPadder which emulates keyboards from joysticks exist, is this a possibility?
There are some programs that can do this under X11 on Linux, so if what you're running is ran under X (as most things probably will be) then this will work. Of course, this is assuming that the application doesn't support gamepads natively to begin with. I think what you'd want more is a program to emulate the Pandora's gamepad. Maybe we could get something like that built into the kernel somehow.

That would be nice :)

'Raz' said:
'Exophase' said:
'Raz' said:

That would be nice :)

Looked into this a couple of days ago and came across Rejoystick and Jojsticken.
CODE
http://rejoystick.sourceforge.net/

CODE
http://jojsticken.sourceforge.net/

It forwards input from SDL. Rejoystick uses GTK for the interface+ xserver for the back end and Jojsticken uses Java.

Rejoystic would probably be the best bet (even though it's not being worked on any more), as it only uses GTK for the frontend and it should be quite easy to create a more Pandora friendly frontend if necessary.

Personally I think that something like this is a must have for the Pandora :)

Nice.... I can't wait to see this on teh Pandora :D

It will need someone to work on it first. Shame I'm learning Python and not C or I'd take a crack at it myself :)
Looks like the original doesn't have the save feature for multiple configs either, so that would probably need adding too.

Well, I'm sure there is a brilliant mind out there who would want to do this, but doesn't realize it :D Just hopes he reads this topic

This has been said many times before, but all of those controllers should work. There are linux drivers for the wii, ps3 and xbox/360 controllers. I'm not sure about when the wii drivers will be ported, but I am fairly certain that it will happen. There have been ps3 sixaxis drivers sitting in the file archive since it went up. As for the xbox 360 (wireless included) pad, all you need is the usb reciever (perhaps a hub?), and the xpad driver is included in the openpandora OS. There have been several videos showing generic logitech contollers being used with dev units.

I've seen a video of a Sony controller, but not much more... I guess I got some YouTubing to do...

Back