Pandora repair question

rohezal

Advanced Member
Hi,

my Pandora screen gets black at certain opening angles. The number of "black" angles keep increasing. I think the lcd cable is broken. Are there lcd cables for repair in stock at dragonbox?  If there are cables, I would like to send it in (and pay for a new cable if it is required).

Last edited by a moderator:
With dying cable usually you get the purple tint, so maybe in your case it's just improperly inserted into the main board?

It's not always the same trace that fails, so it's likely he also got an LCD Cable problem, but yes, better doublecheck it's nothing else :)

try taking out the lcd connector and re-connecting it. (id run a warm soldering iron over the contacts to rectify the problem. hey, if it works for the gameboy :p )

Sended it yesterday to ed. I will go on south america journey at 18mai, I hope it will arrive before I start it.

(id run a warm soldering iron over the contacts to rectify the problem. hey, if it works for the gameboy :p )
Be very careful thinking like that.  I would NOT recommend treating a Pandora like a Game Boy. (Doing that to a GB is not a 100% fix, and I have destroyed at least 1 display cable connection by doing this as it got worse and worse every time I ran the soldering iron over it...plus I don't know if the composition of the cables is similar, and you could just end up melting the Pandora cable.)

Sended it yesterday to ed. I will go on south america journey at 18mai, I hope it will arrive before I start it.
Good luck and have fun.  What country do you live in?

Germany, so it could be a good chance it will be done. But I forgot to put some money in for the repair, will transfer it via bank transfer.

Lucky you.  I keep blowing off sending mine because it has to cross the ocean twice, and this always seems to take forever.

I will be in mexico in 2 weeks, so if you live in mexico i can take yours with me :p

ED, did the LCD cables arrive, so the pandora can be fixed?

I always have a few ones here and also received 10 of the new samples, so I can fix any Pandora that*s being sent to me.

Sorry for asking this often, but did my Pandora arrive (Silver one with a black battery cover)? I will travel to Mexico in one week and would love to play Pandora on the flight.

ED repaired it very fast and sended it via overnight express. Thank you man :) .

ED repaired it very fast and sended it via overnight express. Thank you man :) .
He did the same for me. Did not think he would have time to repair so quickly! Scheduled delivery is tomorrow so I will have it for my trip. It is pretty easy to see why we all appreciate ED so much and will trust him with the Pyra project/preorder.

EDIT: Never mind about delivery tomorrow. UPS says it was delivered today!

As of July 6, it looks like LCD cables are out of stock again. Is this true? Are more coming in? I'm getting that purple tint feeling again...

Back