Pandora OS Update hangs

Kumaki

How Christing long does this thing take to update?

How the hell do you tell when it's done??

I finally quit out of it...and then the Wifi could not be toggled.

so I ran it again...and then I got a finished dialog...and the WiFi could be toggled.

My screen showed 1.54 version.

But I did not get the OPENED PANDORA'S BOX thing...and all my desktop settings are the same as they were...I don't know if this upgraded or not or WHAT?

I boot up and it SAYS Version 1.54....but...like I said, I expected my desktop settings to go back to the old...and everything...

I don't know if I did this right or what??

I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE firmware updates!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Normally It should pop up a dialog if it completed, but If it hasn't moved for like 10 minutes it's either done or hung up on something.. close it and  run it again a second time to ensure it just wasn't hung up somewhere.

I did that.

Now, like I said...I got the dialog box...and was once again able to toggle WiFi.

But all my desktop settings didn't change back to defauls.

But I boot and it shows Version 1.54

And now my damned admin keyring password doesn't work!

I have to deny it several times to make it hook to wifi or anything else needing the toolring or whatever the heck you call it....I hate it when I don't understand what the hell is going on.

I don't know if I did this right or not and how the hell I get my admin toolring back to respond correctly to my password....

Ok, let me go thru it here..

1. Enable Wifi

2. Unlock Keyring dialogue box comes up - it never used to.

3. enter the password I know I used...and it brings the same box up again, as if the password was wrong.

4. click Deny instead

5. Dialogue box comes back again

6. Click Deny again

7. A dialogue box comes up where I have to enter my wifi password - never used to have to do this

8. Enter it and click Connect

9 Dialogue box for Keyring comes up again.

10. Click Deny

11. finally connects to Wi-Fi.

I never had to go thru all this before!!

All I ever had to do before was enable Wi-fi and everything else just plain happened. No dialogue boxes, no password, no keyrings no nothing, it just plain connected to my home network.

Does that help tell you what I am seeing?

By the way, I tried Compo4ALL after hooking up, and it was able to pull up the scores, so I know for sure I really AM connected to Wi-Fi.

Disconnecting is no biggie. One button and done.

But, like I said...my desktop settings did not go back to default.

I did not re-install codecs yet because I really don't even know for sure if the updated HAPPENED right...because the settings on Desktop did NOT go back to defauls...BUT...when you boot it DOES say Version 1.54.

So now I am in Limbo not knowing what I am running. and my Admin password is screwed...and it is a royal pain of a huge number of steps to hook up to Wifi...but I can.

So now what?

If you use the "Update OS" or "Offline Zupperzaxxon updater", you won't loose any settings. You just update and voilà, you're on SZ1.54 keeping your wallperper, settings, and so on..

May I ask why you are a Moderator here on these boards if you have a severly bad knowledge of technology and especially the Pandora, as you've shown several times before?

I'm not sure if someone with such a lack of knowledge is a good candidate for this position.

Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: Ziz
If you use the "Update OS" or "Offline Zupperzaxxon updater", you won't loose any settings. You just update and voilà, you're on SZ1.54 keeping your wallperper, settings, and so on..
Well, I used the update OS.
So that explians the no loss of settings. Now how do I re-set my Admin password?

Well, the qualifications for being a moderator are not to be knowledgable about the pandora - it is to be able to handle the forums. If you have the job of being ED, you need to know about the pandora, technically, inside and out. We are not ED :D

(as a reply to steveway, of course)

May I ask why you are a Moderator here on these boards if you have a severly bad knowledge of technology and especially the Pandora, as you've shown several times before?

I'm not sure if someone with such a lack of knowledge is a good candidate for this position.

Just my 2 cents.
Well, the qualifications for being a moderator are not to be knowledgable about the pandora - it is to be able to handle the forums. If you have the job of being ED, you need to know about the pandora, technically, inside and out. We are not ED :D

(as a reply to steveway, of course)
ninja'd :ph34r:

Well, in most boards it is expected of the moderators to have a basic knowledge about the Topic of the forum.

For someone new to the OpenPandora it may seem very unprofessional if he sees a topic made by a moderator where he _screams_ about his basic problems with the device.

I'm just pointing out that this is something that has sprung into my eye now several times.

Reactions: Ziz

Just my 2 cents.
+1

Well, even if you are not knowledgeable, you should be able to make proper posts without shouting around.

Please try to keep calm and post properly, otherwise I can't keep you as a mod, sorry.

You gotta remember, some of us mods are just casual users who just want to help out on a forum. Its not like we know everything / anything about the Pandora anyway as there's always major changes on their way.

Kumaki: Try going to Terminal and typing passwd, type your old password and then type a new one. If the old password doesn't work then you'll need to reflash (Sorry!)

You gotta remember, some of us mods are just casual users who just want to help out on a forum. Its not like we know everything / anything about the Pandora anyway as there's always major changes on their way.

Kumaki: Try going to Terminal and typing passwd, type your old password and then type a new one. If the old password doesn't work then you'll need to reflash (Sorry!)
There's a world of difference between knowing everything about the Pandora and making a barely legible thread - showcasing a mod as an utter nutcase who throws her toys out the pram when running a fairly trivial task. 

Basic ettiquette really and nothing to do with technical knowledge.

Sure the thread was barely legible.. However it is as much as legible as a lot of other users that post. I see Kumaki as a fellow Pandorian & Staff member who sometimes needs help with things.. So we help each other.

No need to be nit-picky or nasty =)

Kumaki;

It'd probably help how people perceived you if you laid off the caps for emphasis a little (or a lot). While this is probably not your intention people tends to perceive this as shouting, and you do it multiple times in nearly every post you make. There are subtler ways to emphasize words, but chances are you shouldn't need to emphasize so much to begin with.

Back