WiFi issue

mal_CanDo

I just received my Pandora ( YAYYYY!!! ), tis a very cool device.

When I got it ( with whatever OS was on it ), and toggled WiFi, it gave a message asking to click on the icon on the panel - this didn't appear.

I then did a full flash with hotfix 5, and also two installs of the PND hotfix 5 ( someone mentioned that installing the PND of an earlier hotfix helped with WiFi ).

I tested after every step, and after toggling ( even a few times ) WiFi, the icon never appears on the panel.

BlueTooth etc appears, just not WiFi.

To summarise...

- the Red LED WIFI comes on

- the toggle WiFi menu item exists, and lets me select it

- the WiFi icon doesn't appear on the panel at any stage.

I'm assuming that I should be able to click on this icon, and then select a WiFi network etc.

Is there a way to run this WiFi selection app directly?

Mal

The wifi icon doesn't appear, it is always there. It should look like a pair of computer screens with a red X to indicate it is not connected. There shouldn't be anything preventing it from being there, especially after a complete reflash. Check again?

> The wifi icon doesn't appear, it is always there. It should look like a pair of computer screens with a red X to indicate it is not connected.

> There shouldn't be anything preventing it from being there, especially after a complete reflash. Check again?

Doh! Problem solved :)

The WiFi on message showed a different icon and says about clicking on it, so I was looking for it ( the standard WiFi fan-style icon ).

Mal

Back