Wifi not working at all (photos inside)

Bullanga68

Still Fresh
First of all, hi to all of you, dear fellow pandorans:

I got my 1ghz pandora after a lot of time of waiting last week, I'm amazed at the thing itself, but as i started to set it up, i noted that the wifi will just not work, I'm using the full GUI, and when I enable the wifi it just tells me to "press the icon to choose the wifi network", i do it, and nothing happens. Then I noticed the wifi icon is....fusioned with the sound mixer one (attached photo). I tried reflashing 1.54, with no results, then upgraded to 1.55, but still the same keeps happening. 

When i change over to minimenu, activate the wifi, and go to the wifi settings in the network folder, the pandora does not detect ANY wifi signal at all, despite being just beside the router. Do I have a faulty pandora?

Thanks again for your help and please excuse my noobines

20130806_012456.jpg

Try click on the icon next to the mixer (the icon with the wrench) and enable wifi.  Then click on the two black screens next to it to search for your network.

Last edited by a moderator:
As Shenmue says, that's the way to enable wifi on xfce, but it's a little odd you can't get it working in minimenu either.

Just to check, you are broadcasting your SSID on the router, right?

well, guys, the answer was indeed in the two black screens to the right of the wrench symbol, I don't know why always figured it refered to a tv out... noobstake at its best. Thank you Levi and thnk you shenmue for thaking your time to answer me, I'm just a step closer to having bloody homeworld on my pandora running!!

Back