Pandora Mk0 Devboard - Some Hires Videos

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Hi folks!

Here are some videos for you to enjoy, all encoded using xvid and MP3.

Download: 1080i FullHD :)
Download: 720p
Download: 640x360

Basically, it's nothing new - a Pandora DevBoard running some emulators. Okay, this time, it'll also show some Linux :)

BUT: Those videos are HiRes :) Enjoy them!

Some notes:

* Yup, I know Dinosaurs & Cadillacs as well as Picodrive is a bit blurred. I realized that while editing but didn't have the time to reshoot it.
* I know the graphic overlays I did look a bit cheap... as I'm going to the GC tomorrow and had some other work to do today, I didn't have time to make much of a real design here. I thought you wanted to see something quick instead of waiting a few days just for nicer overlays :) After all... this is no commercial... it's some nice video for you guys here on the boards :)
* The LCD looks a bit like it smears with the 720p and 640x360 videos. That's because of the downconversion from i to p. It's smooth in real life :)

nice!!
going to check it out now
thanks for the videos
really appreciate it! :D

Wow awesome, Could you post another video of the back of the device? (I want to see its shape)

But I have to say that the surface looks horrible, almost like tape. Hopefully it will be smoother in the final version.

//Edit: GC does start on the 21st, it ain't opened tomorrow *confused*

I'd say that with that, the only thing new that can be shown to us is a full and working prototype. Thank you so much for the in-depth video. It may seem pretty simple, but for the most part, everything given to us so far have been videos where it begins with something already loaded, and ends with it still loaded. None of this "hands on" stuff

Out of curiosity, why haven't we seen fully built prototypes yet? Are the keys still on their way? The batteries? Or is it just that nobody has had the time to assemble one from start to finish yet?

Very nice :)

Out of curiosity how are you controlling the game? via the computer or are we just watching a video of previously-played gameplay?

The surface is like that because it is a rapid prototyped sample of the case. The final model will be smooth.

Nice videos ED :D

/me finds it really hard to wait .. /me want Pandora badly!

In Gauntlet speak, its "Developer needs handheld badly."

(Besides, won't it be cool to use the GBAX2007 prize as the dev platform for GBAX2008?)

jeff

(And thats from a guy with way too many handhelds.)

Edit: Whats the music?

skeezix said:
(Besides, won't it be cool to use the GBAX2007 prize as the dev platform for GBAX2008?)

jeff
Here's hoping :D

Last edited by a moderator:
PlopperZ said:
Out of curiosity how are you controlling the game? via the computer or are we just watching a video of previously-played gameplay?
Well for the arcade titles it is just the demo screen running trying to beg you to put in money. :D
As for the console games it is an intro.

As for me I just grabbed the 1080i and let vlc de-interlace.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back