Issues playing video.

DrHAX

T̶h̶e̶ ̶A̶u̶t̶h̶o̶r̶ The Artist
Perhaps I'm asking too much of the hardware to be playing 720p mp4s, but the audio plays perfectly on VLC,VLC2, and another program.. But the video freezes. I've tried four different videos with no real luck. I'm a bit stuck here I must admit.  I tried searching through the forum but ended up getting a bunch of Pyra hits  :unsure:

Have you tried smplayer2?
If they're H264 encoded then It could be a bit too much to decoded, Most of the time they don't work well for me.. Kind of frustrating when XVID encoded HD videos seem to play fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

If they're H264 encoded then It could be a bit too much to decoded, Most of the time they don't work well for me.. Kind of frustrating when XVID encoded HD videos seem to play fine.

Well Xvid is inferior as a compression format, so it makes sense for the Pandora to decode Xvid just fine but struggle with MP4 (since all the decoding is done by the CPU).

If it helps the videos I downloaded using the 4k video downloader. I have a data limit at home thats linked to time. So at 12 pm I can download without it going against my limit. Thats the only way I can watch my videos. 

Yupe thats the last one i used. I didn't want to fudge up its name. Same issue. So its an encoding issue. Hmmm thats annoying. Guess I'm not going to be able to watch my videos on my pandora. Damn....

Back