Pandora "pandora Live"

I sent you a message with no reply back so not sure if you see you got a message but I offer you my linux server for testing. Its currently running Debian linux and you can have the option of vnc or ssh access or both. Either or is fine with me. I want this project to get off the ground because I think it bring the experience of the system to much higher level then even the developers of the system thought possible.

edit: Bad grammar.. Still bad grammar but I can understand it now.

Thanks novaslogic, i thought i'd replied to you!

I'm OK for servers atm, as i run my own VM, if i need any extra resources in the future, i'll give you a shout. Thanks for the offer!

Gogeta:
TINXL wont need its own port, as it works in pull-mode only, using port 80 (http). The UPnP stuff would be for other software running on the device, which all use different ports.

.Gogeta§§J4BR. said:
thank you novaslogic!! seriously, it is people like you who make all of this rolling :)
a default port should be fine, + an option to change it to another one (like those anti-traffic shaping p2p apps)
Gotta have community support in order to make sure stuff takes off. And when I feel a good idea is a good idea I make sure to help out as best I can.

parag0n said:
Thanks novaslogic, i thought i'd replied to you!

I'm OK for servers atm, as i run my own VM, if i need any extra resources in the future, i'll give you a shout. Thanks for the offer!

Gogeta:
TINXL wont need its own port, as it works in pull-mode only, using port 80 (http). The UPnP stuff would be for other software running on the device, which all use different ports.
I just wanted to make sure you got my message incase you needed another server to test your stuff on. My router has DD-wrt on it, so opening ports is so easy and works unlike a lot of other routers. I currently host a counter strike source server, a battlefield 1942 server (old game but i love it) and ventrilo server just cause I payed people before for their services and I figured out I could do it my own for a lot cheaper. If you need any support at all feel free to message me. If you got aim, yahoo, msn, or even ICQ (i love pidgin..) pm me and I'll pass that information along. Viva la revolution that is the Pandora with Tinxl!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm actually quite interested in how this project is shaping up... I'll be there to help bugfix and test betas once I get a Pandora. I really am looking forward to playing some Gunsar Heroes with one of you ;)

Rayek said:
I'm actually quite interested in how this project is shaping up... I'll be there to help bugfix and test betas once I get a Pandora. I really am looking forward to playing some Gunstar Heroes with one of you ;)
Just remember.. Its on man.. its sooo on..

novaslogic said:
Rayek said:
I'm actually quite interested in how this project is shaping up... I'll be there to help bugfix and test betas once I get a Pandora. I really am looking forward to playing some Gunstar Heroes with one of you ;)
Just remember.. Its on man.. its sooo on..

Perhaps some Last Blade 2 or Garou as well... ;)

Tripmonkey_uk said:
novaslogic said:
Perhaps some Last Blade 2 or Garou as well... ;)

Street fighter 2.. or Street fighter 3.. even better.

Street Fighter on network = Sweeeeet!
I'll join in on that one :D

i challenge you to a dual! wow.. this is starting to loop.

Do
{
cout << "insert game challenge phrase here";
}

return 0;

pardon my half assed attempt at a loop statement...

novaslogic said:
This is an argument for another day, sir. :p SNK FTW...

Let's just say that we better get SNK Vs. Capcom ready...

Rayek said:
novaslogic said:
This is an argument for another day, sir. :p SNK FTW...

Let's just say that we better get SNK Vs. Capcom ready...

Was that released for any arcade emulators because I thought that used the sega... oh what was it called.. Essentially it was a sega dreamcast but it was arcade hardware..

edit: Naomi was its name.. Well if they emulate the dreamcast the chances of them doing a snk vs capcom port on the pandora unfortunatly is not on.. ::Sigh:: better luck next time i suppose. We'll have to wait for the pandora 2 heh.

Was there a version for the Neo Geo too? I know I have it on the Naomi, but that is Capcom vs. SNK: Millennium Fight 2000.

Orkie said:
Was there a version for the Neo Geo too? I know I have it on the Naomi, but that is Capcom vs. SNK: Millennium Fight 2000.
I think that one was the card fighting game for the neogeo pocket color.. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I've just read through this whole thread for the first time, and I have to say big ups to those who are pushing this, and contributing skills & resources - in the face of some rather aggressive negativity early on...

I think it's a great project, and I'd like to help beta test when the time comes.

Gruso said:
I've just read through this whole thread for the first time, and I have to say big ups to those who are pushing this, and contributing skills & resources - in the face of some rather aggressive negativity early on...

I think it's a great project, and I'd like to help beta test when the time comes.

The more support the better, if we show support its more likely to be developed.

If there is a need for a web interface, I could help out there. I have a lot of experience with PHP, SQL, and the works (CSS, XHTML, and the rest of the non-ms web languages)

hey

I was just thinking... you were gonna code ya prog as a daemon for linux right? but what if the game doesn't run through linux? maybe make 2 separate versions?

Although if ya not using linux ya might have trouble if ya want ya program to run together with the game being played. As such you should probably think of a way to code the thing without it having to continue running in the background while whatever game is being played, if I make any sense.

edit
Hmm, is the pandora quick launch prog run through a stripped down version of linux? or is it running directly from the hardware or whatever?

another
So in a way there are situations where creating a library for game developers or whatever to use would be beneficial, and so each game itself handles connections and requests from the server directly rather than having a daemon running in the background. I hope this makes some sense ;), but maybe you could have both, that is a daemon and a library so developers who don't run through linux can use this to connect to the server and what not.

cyas

I have been thinking about this project, and remembered a project called 'pound':

http://www.penguin-soft.com/penguin/man/8/pound.html

Pound would be an alternative to doing UPnP, because it would allow TINXL to listen on a single port for all communications, then redirect that information to a different based on some basic information about the communication. It might need to be hacked up a little bit, but I think it would really simplify things, and it would allow emulator devs to run on whatever port they want to. I don't think it's a big deal to run this as a daemon, it shouldn't require too many resources.

I don't know if this is possible but I had a dreamlast night about open pandora development and the idea was not using a centralized computer for storing the data but several servers in a cluster format to handle the data so that way if one goes down it does not affect the others. This would help nip a lot of bandwidth problems in the ass.

Back