GP32 Writing Drivers For Sd Wifi / Sd Bluetooth?

CodeWarrior

Still Fresh
Although I am surprised that there are no built in wireless capabilities of the GP2X, there are SD WiFi and SD BlueTooth cards on the market. So theoretically 4 GPX2 consoles can all play in a multiplayer game directly if each had a SD BlueTooth card.

Problem is I don't know if there are drivers out there. Toshiba just came out with "Toshiba Bluetooth SD Card III" that is BlueTooth 1.2 compliant. That would be perfect for making multiplayer games. But the card was made to be compatible with Windows not Linux or native GP2X hardware support. Is there a way to make a driver for this card so that it can be used in a GP2X?

OK, but I don't think WiFi cards can connect directly with each other. With WiFi cards you still need a signal to connect to a network, and then networked consoles can play together.

With BlueTooth consoles can connect together directly, and the error-free transmission is built into the standard as well. I would prefer BlueTooth. Any idea if the BlueTooth SD cards out now are/will be supported by a type of Linux that will be compatible with the GP2X?

Also, if I wanted to program directly on the hardware (like say I made a game that had its own built in OS) - how would I build my own driver for something like an SDIO card? Does anyone reading this post know how to do that kind of thing [preferably actually has written low level hardware device drivers]?

Someone posted a link to an open-source SDIO interface library here in a previous discussion about SDIO wifi cards. Do a search in the forums.

Edit: They weren't open-source. It was a commercial product called SDIOWorx.

CodeWarrior: Ad-Hoc mode doesn't require an access point.

IMO, WiFi > BlueTooth

Back