Pandora keeps shutting down suddenly.

Kelvin

Pixel Mercenary
Website
www.kelvinshadewing.net
I'm not sure if it's crashing or shorting out, but my Pandora will suddenly cut off and restart itself. Sometimes I'll get a warning that says it's shutting down and gives me an opportunity to abort, but that's when I accidentally flick the power button. This is saying it's not shutting down properly and gives me an option to set the CPU speed to 800 or put it in safe mode. As far as I know, it hasn't suffered any water or vibration damage, and I avoid anything magnetic like the plague, so I have no idea what could have caused it. I haven't made any system changes either, except for the clock, which for some reason always shows up an hour behind what I set it for.

How do I go about getting my Pandora fixed? I bought it less than a month ago.

Have you tried removing the battery ,leaving it out for a few mins then reinserting it?

Then power on your unit and see what happens.

Yeah the battery could be moving about slightly when you move the pandora. My 1ghz unit does this sometimes but not so often that i can't live with it.

Yeah, loose battery diagnosis here too. Mine would shut off if it got shook at all sharply, meaning I couldn't take it anywhere as it'd always be off when it came out of my bag. After weeks of experimentation I ended up with wadges of paper either side of the battery keeping it aligned that way, and a few folds on top of it to keep it pressed against the contacts, and I've not had any trouble since.

Only problem is if I ever need to get at the battery I have to be very gentle and ease the battery compartment open extremely carefully - the clips are famously fragile, but so far (touch wood) I've still got all mine intact.

Sometimes I'll get a warning that says it's shutting down and gives me an opportunity to abort
Not sure this would happen with a loose battery connection. Try the padding of course but if it still gives you trouble there are a couple of other things to try.

That warning usually means the battery is empty, so it would be correct the Pandora shuts down.
Maybe the battery is flakey?

Back