Pandora keeps restarting

slacker20012

So there I was happily playing on my pandora the other day when all of a sudden it suddenly switches itself off. Now whenever I try to restart it, it just gets stuck in a loop with the logo coming up, which then kind of fades away, reboots and then does the same thing. I've tried the different options when holding down 'R', such as loading the old kernel (which worked once for a bit but then rebooted and hasn't worked again since) and even tried booting from SD to flash the latest version of super zaxxon again but it starts doing so then again the screen kind of fades out and I'm back at the pandora logo again.

Does anyone have a clue what might be happening, and what I should do to fix it? I've only had it a few weeks and it was working fine before it just suddenly cut out the other day. Battery was probably at about 85% when it cut out so I do not think that was an issue.

Thanks in advance

John

Standard answer, may not solve the problem but doesn't hurt to try: fold a tissue into a little cushion and place it between the battery and the lid, try to put a little more pressure on the battery contacts.

Thanks for the prompt response.Tried that, to no avail. I don't think that's the problem though, if I get to the boot menu by pressing R then it quite happily stays switched on - its only once it starts trying to boot that the screen fades and it starts over again. The power LED stays on the entire time.

Try to reflash ?

Be careful to do it while connected to power charger.

Could the higgs boson be behind it all?
Technically the higgs boson is behind everthing. That's why it is unfortunately referred to as "the God Particle".

Those people fail to realise however, that there might be more particles, and even smaller or heavier ones.

So God Particle is not a correct term.

And God is the one who created this whole particle system, and god is not a particle :D .

So once again, bad name :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Hahaha good replies guys!

Been v busy so only just got a chance to look at it but it's not even charging from the mains supply, I guess I need to send the unit back? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

John

It's not charging?

Could be your battery is near empty, so it doesn't have enough juice to power the unit.

Maybe the AC Adaptor you got is broken?

Do you have a PSP charger to test it?

I had a theory the paint was so thick on newer Platinum units that it lifted the battery off the terminal to interfere with the charge.

But just a theory that has no concrete evidence whatsoever, except for the "god particle".

No red light when its plugged in, so I presume its not charging. Same when I plug it in via usb. I have a psp charger somewhere I will try that

If you have a DVM (or can borrow one) measure battery voltage (digital volt meter)

Then you will know something

Anything over 3.7 , the battery is likely not at fault

Since cheap DVM are of variable quality, check by measureing an fresh alkaline, should be 1.56-1.58V

dave

Did you try to boot into the old kernel with sdcards removed and the screen at lowest brightness? That solved it for me once.

Back