Pandora has no competition?

nsync.jpg

Only thing close to the pandora is going to be the Sony ngp. The experia play is old hardware lol

Only thing close to the pandora is going to be the Sony ngp.
IMO, not even close enough though, because...

1. SONY NGP isn't in the same league, as it isn't open-source right out of the box and hasn't even got an official release date yet.

2. SONY NGP doesn't have a physical keyboard included with the hardware.

3. SONY NGP is not pocketable for most people.

4. SONY NGP will most likely NOT BE unbrickable.

5. SONY NGP will not be freely over-clockable (as well as have over-volting options).

6. SONY NGP will not have the awesome community behind it, but what it will have are fanatics that just care about when the next sequel of Tekken 16 or Grand Turismo 25 is coming out.

7. SONY NGP doesn't have enough physical buttons.

8. SONY NGP will have a battery that will likely last for only less than 10 hours of 'play time'.

9. SONY NGP will most likely have security firmware updates all the time, as in once a month to keep hackers at bay.

10. SONY NGP is not Pandora.

Last edited by a moderator:
I totally disagree with SONY NGP being the closest one.
Well to me it will be the closest thing cause I haven't been able to put this pandora down sense I got it. It will proub be the same with the ngp for me also

Only thing close to the pandora is going to be the Sony ngp.
IMO, not even close enough though, because...

1. SONY NGP isn't in the same league, as it isn't open-source right out of the box and hasn't even got an official release date yet.

2. SONY NGP doesn't have a physical keyboard included with the hardware.

3. SONY NGP is not pocketable for most people.

4. SONY NGP will most likely NOT BE unbrickable.

5. SONY NGP will not be freely over-clockable (as well as have over-volting options).

6. SONY NGP will not have the awesome community behind it, but what it will have are fanatics that just care about when the next sequel of Tekken 16 or Grand Turismo 25 is coming out.

7. SONY NGP doesn't have enough physical buttons.

8. SONY NGP will have a battery that will likely last for only less than 10 hours of 'play time'.

9. SONY NGP will most likely have security firmware updates all the time, as in once a month to keep hackers at bay.

10. SONY NGP is not Pandora.
Damn it man u win lol

psion5_big.jpg

The closest competitor. Man I how many times I looked at these things in shops, knowing I would never be able to afford one.

In that sense I think the pandora filled a childhood gap :D (hmm well childhood I was 16 at the time)

haha I checked the wiki and it is a true pandora competitor it even has the lcd cable fault ;)

The moving parts and hinges can wear out or break. The most serious common problem arose because of a design fault in the screen cable where tooling holes caused unnecessary stressing due to additional bending of the cable at this point each time the Psion Series 5 was opened or closed and eventually leading to failure of the cable, which caused a serious display malfunction and the appearance of vertical lines on the screen

This also shows the power of the pandora and the small team behind it, the psion people never fixed it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back