Pandora girl

Besides PoisonedV, doesn't anyone else think anime characters are at least a little too generic? I'm not saying it's bad, the best things I can draw are stick figures, but anime style drawings are a bit cliche.

Username said:
Besides PoisonedV, doesn't anyone else think anime characters are at least a little too generic? I'm not saying it's bad, the best things I can draw are stick figures, but anime style drawings are a bit cliche.

its technically part of the gen, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OS-tan is the safest link i can put here, but it is where the whole thing started with making a character for OS's, Game Systems, Software, etc...

:ph34r:

edit: also this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moe_anthropomorphism

I know this was talked about before, but how about somekind of mythical mascot. I know this is lame but I going to say it away. It makes me think of something like a sidekick (newt from the old hercules cartoons). I know this really dates me but maybe something more updated but along the same kind of lines.

newt

Edited to add a link

Hey Saejinoh, very good works !
I really like your drawings and your shading method. (I had a look at your deviantart portfolio, very solid stuff !)

Mime said:
Hey Saejinoh, very good works !
I really like your drawings and your shading method. (I had a look at your deviantart portfolio, very solid stuff !)

your stuff looks awesome too. :)

Mime said:
Hey bosbeetle, did you ask Akira Toriyama why Krilin doesn't have a nose ? Or Final fantasy tactics characters ? :D

Maybe I should, It doesnt make sense. And while I am at it I'll ask dali why his clock melted and magritte that 'that' is in fact a pipe albeit one on a painting, And I might also suggest to Picasso that women have curved bodies.

Username said:
I agree. I really don't like anime or manga, or whatever you want to call that style at all. It's just too overused

Why have a mascot at all? Mascots are just advertising tools that generally cheapen the image of companies that use them imo. It's an underhanded marketing strategy akin to an annoying jingle that gets stuck in your head. Its a way of forcing people to associate a product with a stimulus.

Kyosys said:
Username said:
I agree. I really don't like anime or manga, or whatever you want to call that style at all. It's just too overused

meh... *shrugs* to each there own

sold said:
Why have a mascot at all? Mascots are just advertising tools that generally cheapen the image of companies that use them imo. It's an underhanded marketing strategy akin to an annoying jingle that gets stuck in your head. Its a way of forcing people to associate a product with a stimulus.

the Tan's are actually created by the fans of the system(OS/Game/Software/etc), a small but somewhat strong following. as far as i know no corporation has actually created one, at least not publicly.

saejinoh said:
http://i35.tinypic.com/288xcmo.jpg
I like the second sketch! She looks more polished and cuter, but I'm not sure how I feel about the nubs moving xD The gauntlets look good. The cables coming out of the head are better than in the first version, but still don't feel quite right. I think you were either going for pigtails or ear-like things but they seem too out of place. Keep it up, these sketches are awesome :)

Lennox, will you stop with the HURR HURR HURR I AM SO INTERNET CHIC thing?

PoisonedV said:
I wish I could be more like you. I wish I could hide behind the STEREOTYPICAL FORUM JERK persona and lash out at others. Oh, it isn't really hateful though because that would be my thing, you see. It'd be what I do, be a jerk. Don't you see how that is clever? By telling people I'm a jerk, and BEING a jerk, it becomes ok and even cool! And that isn't tired and played out in any way. Gosh, I would love that.

sinoth said:
PoisonedV said:
I wish I could be more like you. I wish I could hide behind the STEREOTYPICAL FORUM JERK persona and lash out at others. Oh, it isn't really hateful though because that would be my thing, you see. It'd be what I do, be a jerk. Don't you see how that is clever? By telling people I'm a jerk, and BEING a jerk, it becomes ok and even cool! And that isn't tired and played out in any way. Gosh, I would love that.
you're over analyzing this. furthermore, you're putting words into my mouth and i dont like it :(

TaG said:
No. Please, no. Why does Pandora need a mascot, especially a panda?
It doesn't need one, but what's your problem with pandas?

Back