Release Pandora config tray icon

nicely done!

What about toggling nub settings, could that be part of this applet?

Possible to add.

Okay, currently getting this ready for Beta 5.

It builds and works fine.

Got a few quick questions though:

* You mention in your instructions that I should send you absolut paths for the icons. So are these paths hardcoded into the system? Maybe a config files with links to the icons would be better (then everyone could change the icons). Or maybe hardcoded default icons with override via config possible?

* One of he most-wanted reasons: Since this now is a program in a tray and not just an icon, how about showing dynamically the current CPU-Speed and Wifi/BT/USB/TVOut-Status (using red and green LED symbols)? Would be a neat addition I think.

Currently, icon paths are hard-coded into the plugins. This could of course be changed, but I don't really have time for that until 31st of May (last chance to pass a maths course coming up <.<.) Making it configurable would be something for an update. The problem with showing status on the icon itself is that the tray applet is currently completely unaware of what's going on with the systems the plugins control. When the user activates its menu, only then are the plugins asked for menu labels and icons.

Implementing visual status about CPU-speed in the icon would also require dynamic generation of the icon itself, since you would otherwise need an icon for every possible state. Although it might be possible to make this a XFCE plugin, that goes along with the clock etc.. It'll likely involve usage of Cairo, which I've never looked at before.

I'm unlikely to have time to look into this until after SuperZaxxon B5 has been released, but wel'll see.

EDIT: Also, WiFi and BT already show their status with LED's, why would it be needed to show the same thing in the tray?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys,

not sure, if you saw this in the Beta5 thread, so I'll post it here, where it actually belongs (just found this thread now; sorry for double posting):

The new applet for various Pandora-specific settings is very useful. However, a few suggestions:

- The TV-Out settings: Would be cool, if instead of the applet's presets, the TV-Out configuration tool's profiles could be used. That way, the user can customize the presets available in the applet. For example, it usually won't be necessary for one user to alternatingly choose PAL and NTSC settings. So one set of settings will always be dispensable in the currently shown set of applet's presets.

- CPU clock settings: I find it confusing, that the icon for these settings always shows "500". This suggests on first glance, that the CPU is set to 500 MHz. I suggest changing this icon to something more generic, e.g. a CPU chip icon or an analog gauge icon, like these:

http://www.iconhot.com/icon/png/nuvola/128/ksim-cpu.png

http://www.vag-lab.com/files/images/2010/cpu_monitor_icon.png

Daniel

The icons where added by EvilDragon, so he'll have to change it.

My pandora is broken beyond usability atm, so somebody else will have to make that plugin if you want it before next stable release.

also I have the latest hotfix and this tool is cool but it doesn't turn bluetooth on for me :(

everything else works fine.

Just to demystify the process, here's what I need somebody to do:

Here's the GIT-repo

Inside plugin/bluetooth.c, there's two shell commands. The top one is disable and the bottom one is enable. They are located on line 16 and 18. Change the command within the quotemarks to whatever it should be and test it. When it works, post the commands that works and I'll push it to git.

The Makefile should work fine with yactfeau, since that's what I'm using. After build, copy plugin/bin/bluetooth.so to /usr/share/configbutton and restart the tray applet.

I would do this myself, but my pandora is currently in a coma...

Hi,

Maybe I'm just plain wrong, but i did some tests and when running configbutton from the commandline, i got asked my password.

So I just added gksudo to the shell commands and all worked fine :D

If you're interested, i can make you a pull request on github (I also added a small log when processing a plugin).

Check: https://github.com/bdoumenc/pandora-configbutton

Clop'

The idea is that no password should be requested. The toggle menu option doesn't need a password, so it shouldn't be needed for the tray icon either.

The idea is that no password should be requested. The toggle menu option doesn't need a password, so it shouldn't be needed for the tray icon either.

I knew I missed something!

Ok, back to work...

A "sudo /usr/pandora/scripts/op_bluetooth.sh" should work and not ask for a password.

the current standard is not the one on firmware. It was my attempt at fixing it, but I got reports of it now working.

hmc wrote...

CPU clock settings: I find it confusing, that the icon for these settings always shows "500". This suggests on first glance, that the CPU is set to 500 MHz. I suggest changing this icon to something more generic, e.g. a CPU chip icon or an analog gauge icon,

slaeshjag wrote...

The icons where added by EvilDragon, so he'll have to change it.

Will this change make it to the final release for Super Zaxxon? Being able to see ( to the nearest 100 ) the current speed of the Pandora would be very handy. With the new higher speed CPU, it would need to have icons from 100 right up to 2,000 for now ( 20 different icons ) - low 100, as of course someone will want to do this really slow clockspeed and then complain about the missing digits :)

Back