Any Open Source Homebrew Console Systems?

bustaballs

We have this large amount of handhelds to work on but I was curious as to whether there are or might be in the future, any powerful console systems that are open source?

bustaballs said:
We have this large amount of handhelds to work on but I was curious as to whether there are or might be in the future, any powerful console systems that are open source?
aehm? the pandora!

Last edited by a moderator:
True, the Pandora can act as a console also. :)

It's been tried before (Phantom, Indrema) and there have been rumors every now and again about new ones coming out but I have a feeling that it's just an idea that isn't profitable. You can always get a computer for cheaper than an open console that is more powerful and will easily hook up to a TV. Now that HTPCs are getting pretty common, it just won't work anymore especially now that XBOX and PS3 allow for sellable homebrew type games.

get a DC stock up on some CD-Rs call it a day. No its not open source but it's pretty damn close. or you can mod an old xbox.

Powerful open source homebrew enabled consoles are called PCs. Maybe you have heard of them? They have been popular for a few years...

Back