Pandora-Days -- What Do You Really Use?

SomeGuy99 said:
tantepose said:
SomeGuy99 said:
Try plugging a USB mouse into it. That always blows my mind!

I have the Pandora on one knee, and a tiny mouse on the other, and it feels like a full-blown computer.

Anyone know of a decent bluetooth mouse?

Is the integrated Bluetooth-reciever and OS capable of detecting Bluetooth-mouses such as Logitech's, or do you need a seperate usb-thingy?

I don't know... there are some bluetooth based programs in the firmware, but I don't have anything to test it with.

Interesting.

If someone could test it, or know something, it would be much obliged.

Last edited by a moderator:
tantepose said:
Connecting a bluetooth HID mouse in linux - you might need to be root (or prepend sudo).
Code:
hidd --search
Then (while it is searching) press and/or tap the connect button in your HID mouse (if there is one).

* Works with my Logitech MX1000 bluetooth mouse (came with MX5000 bluetooth desktop),
eg.
Code:
[root@phenom ~]# hidd --search
Searching ...
	Connecting to device 00:07:61:38:95:C2
Then the mouse will work.

skeezix said:
Mdave - on it, or for it? Seen my blog post about it? I provide some handy links.. Aside from setting up Linux and downloading some bits, it takes 5 minutes. For windows/etc I can't comment. Use Linux in a vm, which I also comment on :)

I'm suddenly away from my main PC for a month and am using the pandora as my PC (when I gt the time) and it's great; I live in ssh mind you :) coding on pandora is workable but clumsy, retro gaming, browsing, sshing.. No problem. Just watching doctor who dvdrips now :) (no, didn't use a USB cd on the panda to rip, ripped using my real PC.)

I need to tweak network browsing over smb and wish flash video worked (YouTube) but otherwise .. I'm pretty happy/surprised :)

jeff

For it ;) it would be awesome to develop on it, but the libraries I need would be a bit too much for the NAND to handle. I'd like to keep the NAND alone :p I use Windows, and I have Ubuntu setup in Virtual Box (works perfect) I'm having problems getting it to show my SD card in Ubuntu though ... still working my way through it. What I have to do is email to myself to get files swapped over between Windows and Ubuntu (crazy I know!) That is how I managed to make some pmenu skins :p

Links to your blog would be handy!

MDave said:
skeezix said:
Mdave - on it, or for it? Seen my blog post about it? I provide some handy links.. Aside from setting up Linux and downloading some bits, it takes 5 minutes. For windows/etc I can't comment. Use Linux in a vm, which I also comment on :)

I'm suddenly away from my main PC for a month and am using the pandora as my PC (when I gt the time) and it's great; I live in ssh mind you :) coding on pandora is workable but clumsy, retro gaming, browsing, sshing.. No problem. Just watching doctor who dvdrips now :) (no, didn't use a USB cd on the panda to rip, ripped using my real PC.)

I need to tweak network browsing over smb and wish flash video worked (YouTube) but otherwise .. I'm pretty happy/surprised :)

jeff

For it ;) it would be awesome to develop on it, but the libraries I need would be a bit too much for the NAND to handle. I'd like to keep the NAND alone :p I use Windows, and I have Ubuntu setup in Virtual Box (works perfect) I'm having problems getting it to show my SD card in Ubuntu though ... still working my way through it. What I have to do is email to myself to get files swapped over between Windows and Ubuntu (crazy I know!) That is how I managed to make some pmenu skins :p

Links to your blog would be handy!

Do you have your Ubuntu on a wubi installation? If so, your C drive is located at /host!

urjaman said:
tantepose said:
Connecting a bluetooth HID mouse in linux - you might need to be root (or prepend sudo).
Code:
hidd --search
Then (while it is searching) press and/or tap the connect button in your HID mouse (if there is one).

* Works with my Logitech MX1000 bluetooth mouse (came with MX5000 bluetooth desktop),
eg.
Code:
[root@phenom ~]# hidd --search
Searching ...
	Connecting to device 00:07:61:38:95:C2
Then the mouse will work.
Wow, thanks!

Not sure how to root and stuff on this, but nice to know its possible, I'll try it when i get it.

Thanks again.

Back