Pandora 2 probability debate

Franko

Well that's elementary.  You're out of your money and hopes for any return if you choose that option.  That has to be as simple of an equation as you can get....

"Bukkit", would you please be a guest on my new show?

Well that's elementary. You're out of your money and hopes for any return if you choose that option. That has to be as simple of an equation as you can get....
I think there would be alternatives, like in that case being refunded, or offered an original/512Mb/1Ghz Pandora, some voucher for repairs or spare parts etc. pp.
"Bukkit", would you please be a guest on my new show?
It's a show about hopeless naïveté? I'm on.
Actually, the situation is about this: I already own a 1Ghz Pandora. Back then, upgrading with ED wasn't an available option and upgrading with Craig honestly didn't look too good an idea (sorry to say).

So, in fact, my need for another Pandora, let alone a possibly slightly inferior one, is rather humble. I could vouch for a refund, but that's about the most trouble I could cause to those guys, and while I'm certainly not too fond of some of the decisions made in this project, I certainly see them trying and struggling to be true to their word. So I don't want to trouble them more than necessary unless I have to. I could just throw the money in the wind, too, but I'm not that kind of guy. Promises mean something to me. I thought vouching for waiting for the P2 relieves some pressure off these guys for now, they can sort out things with people in more need than me, and it still leaves them with the ability to fulfill their obligations.

And I keep my promise of funding some funky, maybe stupid, but strangely attractive idea nobody knows if or how it will work out.

That's great!  Let's talk and you can really talk on PTV....no BS.  Look for the the Franko's nonsense thread down in the Off topic  General Talk threads....it's a hotbed of late night entertainment.  Trust me.

I thought vouching for waiting for the P2 relieves some pressure off these guys for now, they can sort out things with people in more need than me, and it still leaves them with the ability to fulfill their obligations.
I would assume this option still leaves you with the option of asking for a refund at some point in the future - you're just saying 'at this moment, I have no better use for this money than to loan it to the project'. I didn't assume the survey choices were final, more of market research to permit the caclulation of more effective pricing for the ongoing recovery plan.

Small laptop like devices running Android will be a large market in the next few years.
(Srry maybe offtopic, but it is related to ...let's say peoplefrom preorder list, willing to wait for Pandora2)

Imho, Small laptop like devices running ChromeOS-Android hybrid will rulez.

In the same oracle manner, let's stick with Greek Mythology. Why don't we call "Pandora after Pandora" - Delphi? :rolleyes:

Craig, have you gone through the LOST EMAIL PMs? I sent you one on the 11th and I've not had a response yet (email or PM).

Has anyone else had a response to a LOST EMAIL PM yet?

As I read it, you might loose everything if the P2 won't happen.

IMHO the option to wait for a P2 should not be on the survey or a future option.  It helps no one. The plan at the moment should be to clear the deck once and for all, not create another pre-order list that will drag on for more years until the P2 maybe comes out .

And if a P2 comes about, who knows how much it will cost to develop. It could well end up costing more than the P1 putting the Pandora company further in the red.  Then what , another upgrade option. 

If you're after a possible P2 , it's better off for everyone if you get a P1 then sell it to fund a P2 should it eventuate.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMHO the option to wait for a P2 should not be on the survey or a future option.  It helps no one. The plan at the moment should be to clear the deck once and for all, not create another pre-order list that will drag on for more years until the P2 maybe comes out .

And if a P2 comes about, who knows how much it will cost to develop. It could well end up costing more than the P1 putting the Pandora company further in the red.  Then what , another upgrade option. 

If you're after a possible P2 , it's better off for everyone if you get a P1 then sell it to fund a P2 should it eventuate.
As Craig stated twice now, this option is on the survey because many users requested it...

As Craig stated twice now, this option is on the survey because many users requested it...
Exactly why I commented on it. Basically it doesn't make it the right thing to do IMO for the reasons I mentioned

If nothing else it helps to prioritise the fulfilment.  Knowing who is willing to wait will maximise being able to satisfy more people who  want delivery ASAP.   Once all the other units have been fulfilled,  ED will be in a be in a much better position to  plan for the future and present options to those who opted to wait.

- Neelix

I took that last option to be just an altruistic type of "actually, I'm ok, you can just keep the money" option, with a slight hint of getting something for it.  I couldn't possibly think anyone would pick that thinking it's the most exciting option.

It could well end up costing more than the P1 putting the Pandora company further in the red.  Then what , another upgrade option.
I never expected not having to pay the difference between what I paid for the P1 and what the retail price for the P2 would be (while I'd certainly appreciate a rebate or "special price" for waiting patiently so long).
I already explained why I think it's not a bad option for ED and Craig either, so I won't comment on that further. Also Neelix explained other aspects nicely. After all, the option is there, and it's up to ED and Craig to have an opinion on it, and a plan on how to handle it. And that's actually what I'm interested in.

And once more, people requested the P2 option. They, as several have said, have their reasons for wanting to select that.
People are wrong. This should never have been an option. People should get the product they ordered and end this damn preorder queue charade once and for all.

edit: Considering your involvement or interest in a Pandora 2 has gone from "Not interested" to the icp2 "bait and switch" to the more recent "no way, I lay asleep at night stressed about the P1 as it is" to whereever you are now.

I'm under the impression you have no personal interest in making "product 4".

It could well end up costing more than the P1 putting the Pandora company further in the red.  Then what , another upgrade option.
I never expected not having to pay the difference between what I paid for the P1 and what the retail price for the P2 would be (while I'd certainly appreciate a rebate or "special price" for waiting patiently so long).

I already explained why I think it's not a bad option for ED and Craig either, so I won't comment on that further. Also Neelix explained other aspects nicely. After all, the option is there, and it's up to ED and Craig to have an opinion on it, and a plan on how to handle it. And that's actually what I'm interested in.
Everyone's welcome to there opinion, I can understand those that elect to wait.  It just doesn't make sense to me for the reasons I have given. Basically I thought we were trying to clear the debt/pre-orders not leave that debt hang around.  I'd hate to see in 2 years time they try and get a P2 off the ground and already there is a 100 pre-order debt to cater for.  For one, they will hyave to inflate the price to pay for those who opted for a P2, which directly effects the success chance of the P2.  Anyway each to their own , as I said, I can certainly understand your opposite viewpoint in wanting to wait for one.

Neelix mentioned that opting for a P2 means those people are willing to wait generally, I hope that's true.  Because in my mind, at least some people would have traded the negative of having to wait, for the benefit of getting a P2 - ie that's a lot different than being happy to wait - it's a trade off. But anyway, lets see what happens , it probably doesn't matter anyway if only a few opt for it (as it seems )

Back