Status
Not open for further replies.

b1ueskycomp1ex

Open Sauce Fanatic & AMD Fanboy
Website
https
EvilDragon said:
TJFBryant said:
Besides spreading the "good word" is there anything I can do to help? Frankly, I have no more money to invest. I am not a coder or a developer.
I do work for a sales and marketing company, as well as dable in Freelance journalism. But I don't see how any of this can fix our immediate problem with Pandora Bashing.
I have been here since the beginning.... I would absolutely die and wouldn't know what to do if this forum space closed. Sadly enough its been a serious part of my adult life for some time. We all need to support these guys somehow.... I wish I was smart enough to figure out how.
Even with all my marketing knowledge.... I am clueless.

Spreading the good word is more than enough!
Show people what this thing can do. Wake their interest!

Tell them that while there are minor issues, this is a project of a few guys and a community, and they are working on fixing them.

There's no need to deny that there are RMAs and at least the first units had more than a few issues - but it should also not be denied that we're learning from it, fixing all those problems and trying to achieve more and more perfection here! :)

So basically: Spread the word and be honest about everything :)

If there was actually a way for someone to purchase the pandora through an online store of some kind, I think more people would be interested. All of this sort of email business makes ordering the console seem like a scam to some people. There's no way you could take orders with a more official system, and then send the user an order number or something via email? It just seems to me that you've got this great product, but the channels through which you're taking preorders seem (to the public) to be a little shady. Are there any plans to start an official OpenPandora Store?

Last edited by a moderator:
b1ueskycomp1ex said:
If there was actually a way for someone to purchase the pandora through an online store of some kind, I think more people would be interested. All of this sort of email business makes ordering the console seem like a scam to some people. There's no way you could take orders with a more official system, and then send the user an order number or something via email? It just seems to me that you've got this great product, but the channels through which you're taking preorders seem (to the public) to be a little shady. Are there any plans to start an official OpenPandora Store?
Keep in mind that this "shady" practice has kept the original pre-order completely sold out for almost 2 years.
There are actually several official Pandora stores. When the pre-orders first went through in October 2008, they did have shops in place from which we ordered in the normal way. It went poorly. They needed a way around paypal and credit cards: bank to bank transfers or money orders. Most people accepted this repayment. This "email to order one" has only been for those showing up late to the party to fill in for those that didn't repay, or chose to take a refund.
Craig has been saying that the official ordering for batch two will open "soon". It's very likely that when he does that, it'll be through his, EDs, and Fatih's respective online stores. Right now, though, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the way they're doing it. If you "fixed" the channels to make people less suspicious, you'd just end up with more people trying to get something that doesn't yet exist in the quantities they need.

WizardStan said:
b1ueskycomp1ex said:
Keep in mind that this "shady" practice has kept the original pre-order completely sold out for almost 2 years.
There are actually several official Pandora stores. When the pre-orders first went through in October 2008, they did have shops in place from which we ordered in the normal way. It went poorly. They needed a way around paypal and credit cards: bank to bank transfers or money orders. Most people accepted this repayment. This "email to order one" has only been for those showing up late to the party to fill in for those that didn't repay, or chose to take a refund.
Craig has been saying that the official ordering for batch two will open "soon". It's very likely that when he does that, it'll be through his, EDs, and Fatih's respective online stores. Right now, though, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the way they're doing it. If you "fixed" the channels to make people less suspicious, you'd just end up with more people trying to get something that doesn't yet exist in the quantities they need.

Thanks for clearing that up, albeit in the most snarky way possible.

b1ueskycomp1ex said:
Seriously? What part did you find snarky? Because that was 100% legit. In fact, I tried very hard to keep the snark out of that post for fear that it would be misinterpreted.

WizardStan said:
b1ueskycomp1ex said:
Seriously? What part did you find snarky? Because that was 100% legit. In fact, I tried very hard to keep the snark out of that post for fear that it would be misinterpreted.

Oh, just all the quoted words and the subtle hint of your superiority complex. It's fine though, really.

b1ueskycomp1ex said:
Oh, just all the quoted words and the subtle hint of your superiority complex. It's fine though, really.
No, it's not fine. If it had been anything else I wouldn't mind, but in this case I actually stepped back and intentionally walked through it to try and make sure I couldn't be misinterpreted. Obviously I failed at that, so I would really like to know exactly what you found snarky and why.

Can't do that. You thought I insulted you; when I tried to explain that it wasn't meant as an insult and asked what exactly you found problematic with what I said, you still insisted it was an insult (without actually clarifying why) and then followed up with an insult of your own. Now you're telling me to just forget about it?

WizardStan said:
Can't do that. You thought I insulted you; when I tried to explain that it wasn't meant as an insult and asked what exactly you found problematic with what I said, you still insisted it was an insult (without actually clarifying why) and then followed up with an insult of your own. Now you're telling me to just forget about it?

Yes. :D

This right here is why we could use a PM system. Though it does keep the thread in plain sight.

Well that's good news.

To quote our forum's most sage and wise member: Children, stop fighting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back