Pandora 1Ghz

I've worked in the shipping industry a number of years myself, and some blunt force trauma from the sides of the package could cause this damage while leaving the outer packaging in good condition. Happens a lot when handlers or drivers are short on time or temper and tend to throw the packages rather than set them down. The cardboard will flex, but anything hard inside is prone to cracking or scratching.

It is quite a bit strange since I saw there are packing peanuts inside surrounding the wooden box. Is it possible they replaced the cardboard box? They can and do repackage things after damage has occurred, but it would be unusual for them to avoid responsibility in such an event. It's also possible they did not notice the damage and just thought the outer packaging needed replacement.

I'm not saying any of this is what happened without knowing whether the cardboard was original or replacement; these are just some possible explanations.

Ed have you received the console back? let me now if there are any news, bye bye

yes i send it using my birth name Ciro Francesco Antonio Capobianco, I've sended by artoni courier on 24/08/2012 I've also called them and they said that the package was recieved by Mr. Vagner (sorry if I'm writing bad) on 29 morning.

hi ed have you notice about the package that i send to you?

best regards

Dear ed,

The pandora as arrived back today but the for the second time the result is the same, scracthes and this time also the cover around the display seem not tied well, I've to say that i'm totaly regretted buying this product and very unhappy about all the unbelievable situation, so please let me know how to have refund for it, i don't want it anymore. hope to ear you soon, best regards.

Ciro Francesco Antonio Capobianco

yeah, you should complain to your local delivery service. My 1Ghz turned up yesterday with virtually no scratches to it (beyond the obvious "this was put together by hand")

Just seems harsh you hold Ed to rights when he shipped something that was in perfect nick...

Last edited by a moderator:

look at the cover down the display it's impossible for a 700€ payed console.

err.. I think you need a bit of macro on those shots.. I can`t see anything.. and what I can see is a bit blurry

Ah that issue. See that bottom bit is held together by a very fine glue strip. Push on it a little and it should stick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like the case is bent at the bottom of the screen, which makes a ~1mm gap between the screen and the case in the middle. That looks pretty bad, and it doesn't look like something that is caused by transport. Maybe it can be solved by simply applying some pressure to get it in place?

i've tryed and it doesn't back in place, it's unbelievable for how much I've payed for it and this is the second time...

Back