Keyboard issue following 1GHz upgrade

foft

Certified Guru
Website
www.scrameta.net
Hi ED,

Following getting a 1GHz upgrade my Pandora has a keyboard issue as described at:

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/10122-cross-connected-keys-on-new-board/

Short version: Looks like two of the lines are shorted.

I raised an RMA request on your shop (24th Sept) and have not received a response in two weeks.

Order no:#000298

Return no:#000007

I've posted it back, after discussing a little with Askarus over pm, and believe its arrived (according to post tracking) last Friday.

Just wanted to bring it to your attention since its unusual to have things 'stuck' in the wrong state in your shop for so long - are the RMA requests getting dropped?

Also looking forward to getting it back of course, though I understand that may be once Askarus gets time to help out again in a couple of weeks.

Thanks,

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
Bump!

State now changed to 'Waiting for package' yesterday. I was hoping for 'Arrived' - does that mean it didn't arrive on the 5th? Should I claim with the post office?

Don't make a claim yet, I just updated the waiting status yesterday.

I'm currently sitting at customs to grab two packages, one might be yours.

The tracking system says 'delivered' even if they only delivered it to customs yet.

Sigh... This is getting ridiculous...

A) Sent in cc for upgrade to ghz and new board

B ) Got it back with this keyboard issue.

C) Sent it back to replace board.

D) Got it back and touchscreen shortly stopped working.

E) Sent it back for repair

F) It was posted back to the wrong person, who kindly forwarded it!

G) The touchscreen still does not work...

Arghhhhh! Please help.... I'm going to post it back again, please please make sure it's tested properly this time. This is a waste of both our time and money.

To top it off my other Pandora broke too (lcd cable I think) and is with you for repair now.

Thanks for the fast repair/upgrade turnaround. Hopefully I can get these back working asap.

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
All units are fully tested BEFORE we ship them back, so I'm pretty sure the touchscreen worked here... and it seems weird you have the same issue two times.

There are some reasons why the touch could not work properly.

1. Kernel and OS are of a different version. I.e. using kernel from SuperZaxxon v1.51 and the OS of v1.52 will lead to a non-working touhscreen. Maybe we had a bad card here when flashing - the tests are done BEFORE we flash the OS. Redownload the latest version and do a full flash.

2. Top lid snapped out on transport or has some dust between. If this is the case then will also have problems using the nubs as mouse as it triggers the touchscreen all of the time. Check that the lid is fully snapped in and try to clean the area where the lid sits on the touch using your fingernails.

I hope that helps, but as mentioned, it would be really weird if it was physically broken. It rarely happens (had that one time out of 4000 units so far).

Yes its odd indeed. Sorry to sound stroppy, I'm just frustrated and really like the Pandora/want it working again!

1) Well it did not work with the version I received it with. So I flashed 1.52 myself and still had the issue.

2) The lid appears snapped in to me.

Could it be:

i) An intermittent fault with the connection?

ii) A problem with 1.52 and 1GHz mixed with old type of screen?

iii) Kernel/OS flash is repeatedly not working both parts properly? It reports success.

I'm really not sure and don't want to get into opening it. I'll send it back for you to take a look...

Mark

ii) sounds very unlikely, I think the screens have all the same connectors and are the same as far as drivers go.

Good news:) I unscrewed the screen and unsnapped it. Root cause is glue round the bottom of the LCD had shifted and when screwed together out heavy pressure on the screen. Pushed this to the side and now it works.

Back