Pandora 1Ghz

Notaz, Craig, shit happens. Even with the best packaging you sometimes get surprises.

Let's not fight over it, it's not worth it, and this does not solve the customer's problem. :)

Well, you could bubblewrap it, but then you'd have to put the AC Adaptor into a separate box, it doesn't fit in the wooden box anymore.

Craig probably does that, but I didn't have big enough shipping boxes to put in the wooden box AND the AC Adaptor seperated.

Didn't think shipping services would be THAT bad though, first case where this happened here...

I've had UPS thrash another package recently. They have it now for inspection. Didn't lowball this claim compared to the first time they did it.

True. Additionally, if the wooden box broke like that, the Pandora would've probably been damaged even with some bubble wrap... who knows what force there was, but it looks bad.

First one I had a report on, though.

Put the instruction booklet between the pandora and the other stuff, so that the paper at least stops things from rubbing on the bottom of the unit?

jeff

edit: Or a really thin paper or foam wrapper around the adapter?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi!

My 1GHz Pandora also has deep scratches on the top. Presumably through the AC adapter in the wooden box. I have already sent an email to ED, but not received a reply. Can I just send the Pandora at the above address?

Throwing a bunch of gummy bears or hershey's chocolate kisses inside the box would be the best way to protect the pandora. period! .ahh,yummy and sweet pandora! :p

Ok,seriously, no one wants to spend $700 on a scratched console. If bubblewrap is too thick at least placing a newspaper sheet between the accesories might help something.

if the parcel services doesnt treat the parcel with care (this seems to have happened few times now) - shame on them.

if you dont pack the parcel right (this seems to be the case as well and i guess so far you packed them all the exact same way) - shame on you.

My 1gig Pandora did have a protective bag wrapped around it inside the wooden case, didn't they all have this?

Pandora Sent Today, with all accessories please ED let me now when you receive it.

Thanks to Ed and all forum for the support, this is a great console mini pc system and i love it, I want take part of this fantastic world as soon as possibile.

Use All Bubblewarps and gummy bears you can this time :)

Hi!

My 1GHz Pandora also has deep scratches on the top. Presumably through the AC adapter in the wooden box. I have already sent an email to ED, but not received a reply. Can I just send the Pandora at the above address?

Yes, of course.

My 1gig Pandora did have a protective bag wrapped around it inside the wooden case, didn't they all have this?

They should have, maybe it had been overlooked for a few ones in the hectic.

Having one unit damaged out of 100 sent isn't bad. That unit was still usable just the box got smashed, I would say that means whatever they are doing with packaging works.

I have had horror stories dealing with courier companies before. Once we sent out an IBM slimline dekstop out, if you don't know these desktops they are solid and extremely sturdy for a desktop. When it got to the other side it was crushed and had a tyre track on it. The box was completely smashed and the courier company insisted we sent it out like that. Another time we were shipping a really expensive monitor across the country so we decided to put it on a pallet and bubble wrapped it to the stone age so the company couldn't stack things on it and would practically guarantee it would arrive there in one piece. Well we didn't think of one thing though, that was the couriers flipping the pallet over.

At the end of the day sometimes there is just nothing you can do to prevent the couriers from smashing your item.

Having one unit damaged out of 100 sent isn't bad. That unit was still usable just the box got smashed, I would say that means whatever they are doing with packaging works.

I have had horror stories dealing with courier companies before. Once we sent out an IBM slimline dekstop out, if you don't know these desktops they are solid and extremely sturdy for a desktop. When it got to the other side it was crushed and had a tyre track on it. The box was completely smashed and the courier company insisted we sent it out like that. Another time we were shipping a really expensive monitor across the country so we decided to put it on a pallet and bubble wrapped it to the stone age so the company couldn't stack things on it and would practically guarantee it would arrive there in one piece. Well we didn't think of one thing though, that was the couriers flipping the pallet over.

At the end of the day sometimes there is just nothing you can do to prevent the couriers from smashing your item.

I've to quote you, the box wasn't the only problem the console was scretched (deep) all over and the upper case was untied as well in addition you had also to open it all no intermediate position.. I don't think you would use it in that condition

Back