Panasonic Jungle

I think that Panasonic saw Open Pandora project and chickened out :p

I think that's probably not what happened.

Oh well, too bad for Panasonic, probably saved the embarrassment of what would have likely been a failure, although a niche following with this sort of device is often possible. Shame they spent all the money they had on it, particularly in advertising. If I had anything to do with this project I'd be pretty disappointed to see it vanish into thin air like this.

I think that Panasonic saw Open Pandora project and chickened out :p

I think that's probably not what happened.

Oh well, too bad for Panasonic, probably saved the embarrassment of what would have likely been a failure, although a niche following with this sort of device is often possible. Shame they spent all the money they had on it, particularly in advertising. If I had anything to do with this project I'd be pretty disappointed to see it vanish into thin air like this.

A few million wasted is probably nothing to them. I suppose eventually we will see the odd one pop up on ebay as they no doubt exist in a small number.

Oh what we could do with a few million...

I dunno. I imagine Panasonic isn't what it used to be and can't just casually throw millions around. This could actually be bad news.

Maybe we could get them to release what they had in mind for it? With the specifications, OS, software, etc.? That'd be pretty cool.

Maybe we could get them to release what they had in mind for it? With the specifications, OS, software, etc.? That'd be pretty cool.

Good luck with that. I don't think they'll authorize an information release just to satisfy curiosity.

Am I the only one who's starting to think the "Panasonic Jungle" is going to be Vapourware?.

No news at all in ages about it, seems to me it's not happening, ive just got that feeling

P.S Has anyone signed up and been accepted for the testing program?

@johnsongrantr

You owe me a beer dude, As above I called it.

Am I the only one who's starting to think the "Panasonic Jungle" is going to be Vapourware?.

No news at all in ages about it, seems to me it's not happening, ive just got that feeling

@johnsongrantr

yea you got me, but you gotta come to america to get it =P

however, I brew my own from home, so it might actually be worth the trip haha

Last edited by a moderator:

@johnsongrantr

Homebrew, Couldnt be worse than American Beer I guess :p .

Maybe I'll stick to Aussie beer, I might grab a Victoria Bitter now.

@johnsongrantr

Homebrew, Couldnt be worse than American Beer I guess :p .

Maybe I'll stick to Aussie beer, I might grab a Victoria Bitter now.
I make an esb that'd put a grin on yer face

hope you're not one of those guys that thinks crap like budwiser, coors, miller and keystone is all we got in america

cause to be honest when I think of aussie beer I think fosters and that ain't much better =P

Does anybody know any good uk beers ciders rums... etc. ?

I am new to England (Cambridge)
I like strongbow it's a good english cider, we get them imported at my local pub. One of my favorites, up there with woodchuck a American cider

Last edited by a moderator:
I like strongbow it's a good english cider, we get them imported at my local pub. One of my favorites, up there with woodchuck a American cider
I like Strongbow, a few years ago it was easy to find in my city. Right now, it's harder to find, only a few pubs still import Strongbow.

I (barely) remember getting passably drunk because of the large number of strongbow I had on the ferry on the way back from England.

It's a really good cider and it was available in 0,5 liters cans on the ferry (I think bottles where judged too risky).

Back