Wikipad quad core tegra 3 $199 tablet

Do not believe... But I want to.

Strategic timing with the nvidia shield. Sounds like this might turn into a miniature Sony/Nintendo throwdown.

Does price really matter to consumers? We're about to find out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do not believe... But I want to. Strategic timing with the nvidia shield. Sounds like this might turn into a miniature Sony/Nintendo throwdown. Does price really matter to consumers? We're about to find out.
So shield (higher perf and price, smaller size) vs the wikipad(lower perf and price, larger size), will nvidias hype allow the shield to prosper, or will the more reasonable price and form factor keep attention on the wikipad? 

lol, now it's back to a 7" model.  These guys are all over the place.  I'm not holding my breath on this one.

ha tegra 3 devices releasing alongside tegra 4. Kind of a joke product now IMO. This thing is worth about $150 - 175 no more than that.

Yeah , Im not seeing much interest in it, some but not much. They havn't done any marketing/advertising from what I can see.

Last edited by a moderator:
I should hope that they succeed. And maybe market their attachment in adjustable former for other tablets. The more controllers we have the more games well get that support them

I have been looking for android gaming tablets. Mostly for streaming to and from my HTPC. I was hoping that with a couple of apps, in the long run I could make it I to something similar as the Wii U gamepad. Wikipad seemed the best bet, as nvidias project shield just looks awkard to me. Figure if I'm gonna shell out money, might as well get a powerfully decent device. It's taken the wikipad so long that now with tegra 4 coming around the corner, I wonder if it would even be worth it....? :-/

I have been looking for android gaming tablets. Mostly for streaming to and from my HTPC. I was hoping that with a couple of apps, in the long run I could make it I to something similar as the Wii U gamepad. Wikipad seemed the best bet, as nvidias project shield just looks awkard to me. Figure if I'm gonna shell out money, might as well get a powerfully decent device. It's taken the wikipad so long that now with tegra 4 coming around the corner, I wonder if it would even be worth it....? :-/
have you seen the whole unit, the controller addon is very bulky...

Haven't seen it in person, and I'm not too keen on the bulkiness. But since I wanted something more similar to the wii u gamepad, I want something like that. I like the s7300, and the archos gamepad, but the advantage the wikipad has over them is power, and more buttons. It has the same buttons as regular controllers (extra shoulder buttons, click-in analog buttons, etc). Plus, being a tegra 3, splashtop teased a version of their Remote Desktop app "splashtop THD" which streams your desktop at 60FPS. Thought it would be cool to have a tablet that could somehow connect to PC as a game controller, while allowing streaming to the tablet screen as well, similar to the wii U gamepad, off screen gameplay, etc.

Any ideas how much the Nvidia Shield will be when it comes out in the UK?

I know it's going to be more expensive but I just wondered how much.

Back