Packaging Demo of Big Commercial Software

download is not the problem, it's extracting the data. I have to extract from non-standard archive.
couldn't you distribute a binary difference file with the pnd and combine it with the downloaded archive to extract it even though the archive is non-standard
Yes, I could. But IMO it's the same as just putting data files inside the PND.

The binary difference may be a big file, so it will uselessly render the PND big, and still need to download data on the internet and need extra space to process it.

Yes, I could. But IMO it's the same as just putting data files inside the PND.

The binary difference may be a big file, so it will uselessly render the PND big, and still need to download data on the internet and need extra space to process it.
yeah, the only advantage is it's less of a legal grey area.

I ended up the pool. Result were 10 "for demo PND" against 1 "no need" for Freespace & JK2, and 9 to 2 for FS2...

Hmm now we just have to visit the Jedi Knight boards and spam them about " a nintendo ds size console, which can play dark forces, jedi knight, jedi knight 2, jedi knight academy and is btw a full netbook with wifi, a full browser, libre office and stuff".

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm now we just have to visit the Jedi Knight boards and spam them about " a nintendo ds size console, which can play dark forces, jedi knight, jedi knight 2, jedi knight academy and is btw a full netbook with wifi, a full browser, libre office and stuff"
How is the original JediKnight being played at a decent speed Qemu? I could never get it at a playable speed.

Oh I am sorry, I though I have read, that the original Jedi Knight is working well in Qemu. Looks like it was a mistake :( .

Back