Our New Machine, Pandora

Should this thread die?

• Yes, kill it now!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe move it to off-topic?

• No, let it live until its natural death!

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
MWeston said:
It's just my name :) M = Michael

Sorry, no instrument making here, but I do play the drums. Nothing cures a little stress like blasting out some hard core metal at 220 bpm! ;)
Very awesome! I play drums as well. Been playing for 25 years. Not to get off topic, but I know what you mean. Having to drive an hour back and forth every day from work, it's nice to come home and beat the hell out of some drums! :lol: Now when you say metal...are you talking like old school thrash like Exodusor Overkill? Sweedish Death Metal? Anyways this is great to hear that we will finally have some actual info. BTW is this new info getting posted in this thread or a new one?

Last edited by a moderator:
MWeston said:
Well, it has been several weeks of promises that end up with let downs and delays, but that is over now. What we need to give first looks is finally ready. I am proud to say that information is finally going to be available next week! :) :)
Again a "next week"? I was sure, we're already in the right "next week" :lol: Well. Ok. Now, tha I've learned, the week usualy starts with Sunday, it shouldn't take that long to get the infos. ;)

We are already in next week, but I imagine it took them slightly longer to get the information about keyboard costs/availability/production times etc. than expected, since that was the most recently debated topic.

Hopefully, though, given that we've now heard from both MWeston and Craigix that it's all ready, the information will actually turn up. Soon :D.

I can't wait :)

geise69 said:
is this new info getting posted in this thread or a new one?
I would of thought it would be posted to the donators, so you'll have to get the info out of them :)

geise69 said:
MWeston said:

Sorry, no instrument making here, but I do play the drums. Nothing cures a little stress like blasting out some hard core metal at 220 bpm! ;)
Very awesome! I play drums as well. Been playing for 25 years. Not to get off topic, but I know what you mean. Having to drive an hour back and forth every day from work, it's nice to come home and beat the hell out of some drums! :lol: Now when you say metal...are you talking like old school thrash like Exodusor Overkill? Sweedish Death Metal? Anyways this is great to hear that we will finally have some actual info. BTW is this new info getting posted in this thread or a new one?

Well, I have been playing for 17 years now. It has been on and off depending on where I have been living. I had to sell my kit during University days because there's no way to do it in an apartment! :)

Old school metal all the way! This new metal does nothing for me and I still look to bands that have been around for a long time. When I first started drumming I was into Metallica, Sepultura, Slayer, Obituary, Death, Carcass, Entombed. I also like Exodus, Testament, Sevendust, Blind Guardian, Megadeth, Soilwork, Iron Maiden, King Diamond (Merciful Fate), In Flames, Anthrax and about a hundred other bands...... :) In Flames is a Sweedish band and I think there are other great bands too, but I forget their names right now.

First information is still going to people who donated to Craig's marathon and hopefully there will be a new section set up for the new system once the name is released. I guess we need to check with Hando's schedule and see if he will set that up. ;)

MWeston said:
geise69 said:
MWeston said:

Well, I have been playing for 17 years now. It has been on and off depending on where I have been living. I had to sell my kit during University days because there's no way to do it in an apartment! :)

Old school metal all the way! This new metal does nothing for me and I still look to bands that have been around for a long time. When I first started drumming I was into Metallica, Sepultura, Slayer, Obituary, Death, Carcass, Entombed. I also like Exodus, Testament, Sevendust, Blind Guardian, Megadeth, Soilwork, Iron Maiden, King Diamond (Merciful Fate), In Flames, Anthrax and about a hundred other bands...... :) In Flames is a Sweedish band and I think there are other great bands too, but I forget their names right now.

First information is still going to people who donated to Craig's marathon and hopefully there will be a new section set up for the new system once the name is released. I guess we need to check with Hando's schedule and see if he will set that up. ;)

Sigh. I tried to donate, but my Paypal account still hadn't "verified" itself from my bank account. :(

Someday...

MWeston said:
geise69 said:
MWeston said:

That's great to hear about the new info. It's going to be really nice to have some actual specs. Maybe we'll have less "well how about..." topics. Haha it's great to see someone in here with the same music interest as me. I have cd's from every band you mentioned, and old ass tapes from way back when. I also love a lot of the technical metal like Spastic Ink, Theroy In Practice, Cynic, Meshuggah, and some Devin Townsend solo work. Also if you haven't heard of Paradox, check them out. Great old school speed thrash from Germany. Anyways I'm done getting off topic. :)

craigix said:
Things are happening, although nothing will arrive until next week. Then there should be some rather interesting forum activity!

:)
Congrats Craig, as I'm sure this is a milestone in development for ya. Hopefully there's many more to come. :)

fusion_power said:
MWeston said:
Well, it has been several weeks of promises that end up with let downs and delays, but that is over now. What we need to give first looks is finally ready. I am proud to say that information is finally going to be available next week! :) :)
Again a "next week"? I was sure, we're already in the right "next week" :lol: Well. Ok. Now, tha I've learned, the week usualy starts with Sunday, it shouldn't take that long to get the infos. ;)

To MWeston: it is always a shame when things take longer than expected but at the same time I realise there's a good reason, we are lucky to be able to shape this device at all and if as a result things get slower we can't really complain imo. That and there's something like 4-5 months before release anyway- it's still a fair wait if you're excited about getting one, and provided most everyone looks on it as good news when it comes, it'll only make the days slower to release! lol

I haven't had any mail or notice on here, so sorry that I'm bringing it up again but am I on the list now as in did you or Craig get my address? after a lot of noobish messing around :blush: I think I finally got the addy through.. I ought to be in line for info and can't bear sitting here thinking for all I know I might miss out.. And I said before also with no response I'm happy to scan/talk about whatever it is here unless I actually get told not to.. Please someone fill me in on both??

craigix said:
Things are happening, although nothing will arrive until next week. Then there should be some rather interesting forum activity!

:)
Are you at all nervous? :p or maybe very confident..

I can hardly wait it seems a lot more special than anything else gadget wise I ever heard about early and followed.. that said I'll try to remain as grown up as I can :rolleyes:

Will this be the final? or will there still be room for slight modification if a number of people agree towards it? Just asking for something to say really :eek:

I think this game would work beautifully on the craig... It really gives us a good idea of what's possible on the thing

Nova said:
I think this game would work beautifully on the craig... It really gives us a good idea of what's possible on the thing

I believe there's only a Windows version, otherwise I'd have tried that out long ago. :(
Edit: OK, the game hasn't come out yet, but the prototype was written for Windows only.

javaJake said:
Nova said:

I believe there's only a Windows version, otherwise I'd have tried that out long ago. :(
Edit: OK, the game hasn't come out yet, but the prototype was written for Windows only.

My God that game is cool as hell! :)

Nova said:

Very cool and innovative. I would love to see a clone of that on the Craiginator. Can't be too hard, can it? ;)

Eolair said:
Nova said:

Very cool and innovative. I would love to see a clone of that on the Craiginator. Can't be too hard, can it? ;)

That game has recently been rewritten by some other guy for the ipodtouch/iphone , and it works brilliantly :) im playing on it now:)

That's weird, I was looking at that on Friday... The deluxe version looks fantastic - gets my vote for a conversion... Happy to pay!

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back