Our New Machine, Pandora

Should this thread die?

• Yes, kill it now!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe move it to off-topic?

• No, let it live until its natural death!

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Squidge said:
Why would you want multiple inputs on a touch screen?
Music games using touchscreen would be great, and would need multiple inputs.

Oh, and about the iphone gestures:

While viewing an image, touch the screen with two fingers and drag them along the screen away from each other, then the iphone will zoom the picture.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yuglooc said:
Squidge said:
Music games using touchscreen would be great, and would need multiple inputs.

Oh, and about the iphone gestures:

While viewing an image, touch the screen with two fingers and drag them along the screen away from each other, then the iphone will zoom the picture.

I`d give the iphone a two fingered gesture, But it wouldn`t be used to zoom a picture. :rolleyes:

Trooper

trooper said:
I`d give the iphone a two fingered gesture, But it wouldn`t be used to zoom a picture. :rolleyes:

Trooper
Hahaha, for all you Americans out there that need a translation he was referring to a one fingered gesture. Anyways, I actually think it would be pretty sweet to have iPhone gestures. Even though I hate ipods with a passion it would be extremely cool if this thing could copy some of the things that the ipods do and completely own it in that way. An iPod simulator would be pretty cool if it had a picture of an ipod on screen then it had a click wheel. BTW is the ipod as popular around the world as it is in the States. Just wondering.

mavsman4457 said:
trooper said:

Trooper
Hahaha, for all you Americans out there that need a translation he was referring to a one fingered gesture.
We got it. Thanks. :rolleyes:

mavsman4457 said:
trooper said:

Trooper
Hahaha, for all you Americans out there that need a translation he was referring to a one fingered gesture. Anyways, I actually think it would be pretty sweet to have iPhone gestures. Even though I hate ipods with a passion it would be extremely cool if this thing could copy some of the things that the ipods do and completely own it in that way. An iPod simulator would be pretty cool if it had a picture of an ipod on screen then it had a click wheel. BTW is the ipod as popular around the world as it is in the States. Just wondering.

No!, Think Sir_Winston_Chuchill.

Sir_Winston_Churchill.jpg

Trooper

trooper said:
mavsman4457 said:
trooper said:

Trooper

No!, Think Sir_Winston_Chuchill.

Sir_Winston_Churchill.jpg

Trooper

Yeah, but we don't really have the "two-fingered salute" in America. It's the middle finger or nothing for us!

But anyway... we're getting a bit off-topic.

[Relavent post]
The Craiginator will be the greatest handheld ever!

Squidge said:
I can see why one would one multiple inputs with big touchscreen, but this is a handheld. I guess he hasn't played DS.

Off topic, but to all these people who hate Ipods, I have one I want to give a way. Its a thrity gigabite black job in perfect condition. You all hate ipods for some reason, come and get it!

lubidog said:
Off topic, but to all these people who hate Ipods, I have one I want to give a way. Its a thrity gigabite black job in perfect condition. You all hate ipods for some reason, come and get it!
No thanks lubi, I was offered a 60GB black ipod video a little while back for free, I declined, I have an 100GB Archos AV500 which does what i need, And better. :D

Trooper

lubidog said:
I feel a will it blend moment coming on. :ph34r:

Lurkio said:
lubidog said:
I feel a will it blend moment coming on. :ph34r:

LOL

-God Ginrai

lubidog said:
Give it to me...for free!

lubidog said:
i'll have it :) i'll pay postage and all that shizzle

EDIT: scrap that, i just checked my bank balance :(

lubidog said:
Off topic: I'd take it. It would be a perfect birthday gift for my sis :p ;)
I'm using a meizu m6 myself. An harddrive ipod would be too big for my needs.

On topic: I really dont think we need multiple inputs like the iphone. Isn't a lot of that stuff patented by Apple anyway?

Morwynd said:
Eolair's design, and talk of two analog sticks inspired me to try my hand at a mockup:
newconsoleon4.jpg
Eolair said:
It's a nice design. Similar to mine but looks cooler because the screen covers almost the entire front. Did you consider the scale of things though? The screen is 4.3" and only 53mm in height which is the same as on the GP2X.

Nope, I didn't take scale into account; I wasn't aware of the physical dimensions, thanks for the info! I'll try to update taking that into account.

God Ginrai said:
The two bottom buttons need to be raised above the right stick for that design to work.

Actually, in my original design for this, I had the two right-side "Start and Select" buttons in a flattened arc, positioned between the 4-button diamond and the screen... the idea was indeed so they would be easily accessible during gaming.

But after that, I added the two buttons on the left in order to better accommodate vertical gaming, and then I changed the arc buttons on the right to match, to make it symmetrical. Perhaps I should give the arc idea another try... will try to post another concept tonight after work.

Thanks for the feedback guys. :)

Morwynd said:
Morwynd said:
Eolair's design, and talk of two analog sticks inspired me to try my hand at a mockup:
newconsoleon4.jpg
Eolair said:
It's a nice design. Similar to mine but looks cooler because the screen covers almost the entire front. Did you consider the scale of things though? The screen is 4.3" and only 53mm in height which is the same as on the GP2X.

Nope, I didn't take scale into account; I wasn't aware of the physical dimensions, thanks for the info! I'll try to update taking that into account.

Actually I was wrong. The screen has a 15:9 aspect ratio so the correct dimensions would be ~99.7mm X ~56.2mm. Hope that helps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back