Our New Machine, Pandora

Should this thread die?

• Yes, kill it now!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe move it to off-topic?

• No, let it live until its natural death!

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't seem to view new posts. I just get the following message:

"Sorry, some required files are missing, if you intended to view a topic, it's possible that it's been moved or deleted. Please go back and try again."

Billy Lee said:

"Sorry, some required files are missing, if you intended to view a topic, it's possible that it's been moved or deleted. Please go back and try again."
It's okay. Someone helped me sort it out by clicking on the options button above my post and selecting standard view.

Last edited by a moderator:
evol said:
typing will always suck on handhelds
you obviously never used a good thumbboard.

the Sidekick II has an excellent one, i can type almost as fast as on my PC, and i type VERY fast.
the smaller one on my nokia E61 is also nice, but not as fast.
physical keys are the better solution anytime. and come on, it adds maybe 5mm thickness.

and bluetooth anything!?! i play in the bus, train, etc. where exactly do i put my bluetooth peripherals?

synkro said:
What ever it will be, it should NOT cost more than 180€.
I don't see that happening. I'm guessing about 200 - 230 euro.

With all these ideas this device is going to have one of everything making it ridiculously expensive.

If it turns into the game-console-cum-pda-cum-all-things-to-all-men device that people seem to want here then I certainly won't be buying one. If it turns out to be a damn good gaming device then count me in.

Also, I think the keyboard is a crap idea, an on-screen keyboard is much better.

Squidge said:
synkro said:

whew... that's getting a little pricey... :blink: If you're going to charge more than a PSP, the final product had better be damned impressive! :lol:

jimid2 said:
Squidge said:
synkro said:

whew... that's getting a little pricey... :blink: If you're going to charge more than a PSP, the final product had better be damned impressive! :lol:

What the fuck do you guys expect, the people who make this also want to make some money off of it.

P-J said:
With all these ideas this device is going to have one of everything making it ridiculously expensive.

If it turns into the game-console-cum-pda-cum-all-things-to-all-men device that people seem to want here then I certainly won't be buying one. If it turns out to be a damn good gaming device then count me in.

Also, I think the keyboard is a crap idea, an on-screen keyboard is much better.
Hmmm.... lose one old customer and gain 3 news ones, or keep the old customer happy? ;)

Just cos one doesn't want a keyboard, the other does!

Do it for the commercial factor, niche machines are rubbish......................

(Keyboard!)

lubidog said:
Just cos one doesn't want a keyboard, the other does!

Do it for the commercial factor, niche machines are rubbish......................
Oh ya, 'cause everyone knows that well-priced niche machines (like, oh, say the Wii) never sell as well as pricey 'do it all' systems (like the PS3, for example)...

:rolleyes:

You're talking an unknown machine from an unknown manufacturer aimed at a hobbiest market; hoping for mass-market penetration with this thing is dreaming in Technicolor, imho... <_<

jimid2 said:
Squidge said:
synkro said:

Hmmm, the GP2X is 180 euros, and this thing is going to be more than twice as fast with lots of other features and peripherals. Doesn't sound expensive to me.

If you prefer to use a PSP, then that's upto you, isn't it?

You're talking an unknown machine from an unknown manufacturer aimed at a hobbiest market;

How do you know this? I think your just guessing with no real knowledge.

Billy Lee said:
Billy Lee said:

It's okay. Someone helped me sort it out by clicking on the options button above my post and selecting standard view.

Just clear your cookies and cache files. It worked for me.

Squidge said:
synkro said:

230 € is a bargain. Personally I don't see this happening for this price, really. The only thing available that looks a bit like this is the N800. And you will have to pay 350 for that. And don't even try to compare it with UMPC's because the cheapest will cost at least twice as much and for that price you will get that horrible OS that will take forever to boot.

Squidge said:
You're talking an unknown machine from an unknown manufacturer aimed at a hobbiest market;
How do you know this? I think your just guessing with no real knowledge.It doesn't take much knowledge to realize that 95% of the people who heard about Craig's new machine heard it from this website (no one else cares), and 99% of us have never seen Craig face-to-face (making him virtually unknown)...

n8archer_XI said:
It doesn't take much knowledge to realize that 95% of the people who heard about Craig's new machine heard it from this website (no one else cares), and 99% of us have never seen Craig face-to-face (making him virtually unknown)...
It will interest them though, people at a tech forum who I showed the specs to have been very interested in this thing and they generally didn't like the GP2X.

n8archer_XI said:
Squidge said:
How do you know this? I think your just guessing with no real knowledge.It doesn't take much knowledge to realize that 95% of the people who heard about Craig's new machine heard it from this website (no one else cares), and 99% of us have never seen Craig face-to-face (making him virtually unknown)...

That`s as maybe, But Craig is not building this handheld himself, And who really cares about an "unknown manufacturer", If the hardware`s good and the price is good, It will sell. Who really knew who GamePark and GamePark Holding were before the GP32 and GP2x graced our shores ?, Didn`t stop them selling thousands of them now, Did it ?.

Trooper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back