Our New Machine, Pandora

Should this thread die?

• Yes, kill it now!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe move it to off-topic?

• No, let it live until its natural death!

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eolair said:
javaJake said:
Megatog615 said:
Will this project have an internal rechargeable battery?
NO! :D

More like a rechargeable battery you can remove to recharge.

I really hope so. I would dislike it if I had to recharge this device for 4 hours after every 4 hours of use without being able to use it in the meantime. If the battery is removeable you can just buy a spare one and use it while the other one is charging.

Ditto and Hallelujah!

Exophase said:
So it's actually kinda hard to determine which CPU is more powerful. With some very well scheduled code they might be about even.

Wow, wait, do you mean this handheld console will be about as fast as a GameCube, game performance wise?

And you guys, I was the one who came up with the codename "Craiginator", way back in 1996. Well back then it wasn't quite "Craiginator", but you guys just added a couple of A's, I's and R's, and replaced the P with a C, and swapped the second half of the term with its second quarter, and took off a few letters too, and made it a single word, but how much imagination did it take you guys to do those changes and claim the idea yours, huh?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was wondering if the real codename for this device has been changed, especially since all the buzz with a thing regarding PSP (some people knowing the codename may guess what i mean). I hope it it won't be changed into craiginator.

Yes, the codename has been changed into something else. I obviously can't go into specifics, but if you think of a fly-type insect that can sting you, your on the right track

;)

Squidge said:
Yes, the codename has been changed into something else. I obviously can't go into specifics, but if you think of a fly-type insect that can sting you, your on the right track

;)
Wasp Cell :D ?

Squidge said:

;)
Hoverfly?

Horsefly?

Hornet?

Yellowjacket?

Wasp?

"THAT ^$%*ING BUG"?

A_SN said:
And you guys, I was the one who came up with the codename "Craiginator", way back in 1996. Well back then it wasn't quite "Craiginator", but you guys just added a couple of A's, I's and R's, and replaced the P with a C, and swapped the second half of the term with its second quarter, and took off a few letters too, and made it a single word, but how much imagination did it take you guys to do those changes and claim the idea yours, huh?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

...And now you're gonna sue us all, 'coz your son is a real hotshot lawyer? :)

Hell it's been a while, Noone likes a nagger I know that but I've kept my mouth shut over 2 months now!
Craig- first you said we might get some details in about a month, then if we donated (how did that go by the way)

The suspense is getting to me- pleeese say something official or show the case design or something?!

Thanks again for going for it- I have waited many years for someone to offer something like this.. a basic (or not so now) open computer handheld with excellent gaming prospects internally and externally. I started thinking that it would never happen and now (fingers crossed) it is B)

Relax, Craigix will probably say something when everything is confirmed. No point saying stuff that may be different next month!

Just one question, or more of a reminder really:

Has anyone "in the know" actually confirmed that the OMAP3430 has been chosen (landing the final device on a ~£200 price tag)? It just seems that since jadon first appeared here and Craigix told us the price tag if choosing the OMAP3430, mostly everyone here has been operating on the assumption that the OMAP is already chosen. Yes most of us here would like to see the OMAP being used to make sure the device is as cutting-edge as possible and can remain that way for years (whereas the i.MX31 would make the device merely good but not cutting-edge). But as far as I can tell nothing to that effect has officially been stated by the people involved in the project.

Or have I missed something? :unsure:

cappuchok said:
Just one question, or more of a reminder really:

Has anyone "in the know" actually confirmed that the OMAP3430 has been chosen (landing the final device on a ~£200 price tag)?

as far as I can tell nothing to that effect has officially been stated by the people involved in the project.
Or have I missed something? :unsure:
Yeah, me too. Almost forgot that barely anything is in stone.

And Squidge- I know it gets you knowhere does it? I couldn't seem to help myself typing earlier. Sorry.
I'll manage to wait another 2 at least now I've said it ;)

But I also want to hear how his run went, is there anything up? I only check here for info now as I don't own a 2X/32 and won't unless this never surfaces (it will it will)

Speculation, although sometimes fun, is silly. Call me in two months when some real details are released about this thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back