Oton - New Game Console

The thing with the Oton is that they should have showed the software first. Develop something that they can show (even an early protoype) and prove that the concept actually works (which it won't/can't - not to the degree that they are proclaiming. Anyone can create a game that is procedural, using random elements, but that doesn't mean that it will actually be playable).

In fact this would have been better if it had been just a piece of software - this isn't actually needed as a piece of hardware at all.

Looks like the site is back up now.  Only need a further $9,999,545 in 14 days to get to their goal of $1 Mill.

I see "EGOTASTIC" at the bottom of their homepage :D :lol:

The line "check us out at wikipedia" is a bit weird too

And thats not all.for an additional one time only offer of 19.99 you will get a second oton absolutely free. Huh?

Only 1 day left for OTON to reach it's goal of $1,000,000 .  With only 10 backers so far and $455 raised, its looking a little unlikely.

Duh. Now the question will be, will those 10 backers actually get refunded?

That's right.

They only take money from your account after the end date and the project is funded completely.

I had to make sure I kept enough funds in my account when pledging for the iCP2 for that reason.

You are correct, if they'd used kickstarter then no money would be taken.

They didn't use kickstarter, they used their own funding system which took money immediately with nothing but a promise that they'd refund everyone if it didn't make the goal.

Since it's not Kickstarter they may well decide to just run the funding period longer. With redoubled efforts of promoting the device with "It's great guys, I promise! I swear! You can trust me! You give everyone else a chance, give me a chance! I've researched games you know, and I'm an injured Navy seal and my first product totally existed and my tenuous grasp of the English language has no bearing on anything, okay!"

I don't think those 10 backers will get their money back, but they will get a valuable lesson in not putting money towards empty promises with zero legitimacy behind them.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are correct, if they'd used kickstarter then no money would be taken.

They didn't use kickstarter, they used their own funding system which took money immediately with nothing but a promise that they'd refund everyone if it didn't make the goal.
Ah, I didn't notice it wasn't Kickstarter

The question should be , will he , his wife, parents and cousins get there money back

This only gets richer -- the website said there was 2 hours left when I checked it over three hours ago (actually like 5 or 6 hours ago, but the point is that it was clearly more than the 2 hours they had posted). Now it says there's 3 hours left.

It almost feels like they're calculating some excuse to start the clock over again with the $455 still in the bank.

EDIT: Nevermind, it just changed to 4 hours, I think they've just experienced time warp through signed integers. XD

Last edited by a moderator:
Back