Openpandora Ltd (UK) Struck off email

No surprises here, at least it's now official.
But still illegal as to be seen here:

http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/11679-information-for-old-customers/page-3

A single lawsuit may be able to hinder his plan of getting out of his obligations untouched,

but it would have to be filed more or less this instant.

Don't let him get away until you know exactly, where all the money went, that he still owes to ED and the customers!

Same with ICP2. This scurrying out should stop.

Last edited by a moderator:
I may get bashed for this, but I'm quite glad that Craig is finally admitting that his projects have failed, and is packing it in.

Sitting around pretending everything was progressing got nobody nothing and nowhere.

I may get bashed for this, but I'm quite glad that Craig is finally admitting that his projects have failed, and is packing it in.

Sitting around pretending everything was progressing got nobody nothing and nowhere.
No bashing from me, I totally agree. It will add a lot more clarity, certainly for folks who rarely visit the OP boards.

What I don't like is that he seems to have sold all the still meager assets he had at a discount before closing that, probably for his own good...

Well, here is some more information:

http://companieshouse.gov.uk/about/gbhtml/gp4.shtml

If no one objects, it seems it'll be simply closed down and that's it.

While I usually would say this is great (it's not that simple in Germany), as people could help him get out of this mess by accepting bad thigns have happened, it leaves a bad taste here, as he didn't really care much about my company or any of his customers...

Well, I got my official "fuck you" message as well.

It's quite sad, I was really excited for the Pandora and I've been waiting to develop for it since I preordered in the original batch.  I really hope word gets out about Craig and his fraudulent activities if he tries to start another endeavor.  When I first heard of the iCP2 Kickstarter I tried my best to make people aware of what he's already done in the past to Pandora customers, but obviously it didn't work.  At least in that case they're getting SOMETHING back and not completely screwed like I am.  I sure as hell won't back anything Craig is involved in ever again.

ED, as far as I can tell you've been great through all this and it's too bad he's been so slimy and tarnishing your image (and screwing you along with everyone else).

I took the "good guy" route of supporting the product until the end instead of bailing out early, and now I have nothing to show for it. :( I'm temped of posting the email I got at other sites, (like GAF), but I fear like that would damage EvilDragon's business. But I really want to vent of.. :/ Well, at least we got some form of closure instead of continuing the false hope sham.

Well, if you want to post that to other websites, just make clear that it's not the company which handles the Pandora now and that it's responsible.

Craig left the community a long time ago, he's not really anymore a part of it, if that is being made clear on other websites, there should be no harm done.

Just make sure no one thinks I screwed everyone over ;)

Well if only to look for some good in this, at least there is now total separation. Might be worth considering if you need to put a message on the main page on that, ED, so that it's really obvious yours is not Craig's company. In a way, it's a shame this didn't happen ages ago. I'll admit it has been tough seeing Pandoras for sale knowing that those of us in first who effectively bankrolled the creation of the product through our early orders never got what we paid for. It would be way tougher if I wasn't reading these boards and didn't know that, actually, ED was running a different company. As angry as I am at Craig (and I am and can't imagine I ever won't be), I'd be furious if I thought the same person selling Pandoras on the home page was the same person who took my payment.

Had Craig's company collapsed earlier, at least there could have been a clean break. Then ED could have had a clear 'under new management' launch. Maybe it still might be worth putting out that message.

^ Yeah.  And ED has been kind enough to try to fulfill Craig's customers through his own profits and donations.  Hopefully some more Craig's unfortunate customers will have a Pandora for Christmas through ED's good deed...

Looks like I will have to start scrounging up some money for that upgrade.

I still don't hate Craig.  I mean, yes, the whole situation is pretty shitty.  But I don't wish him bad luck.

Also, I hope Jacqueline is okay as a result of all of this.  That awesome lady always had a friendly response to my changes of address, queue questions, etc. She always handled things responsibly and was a great person to interact with, so I hope things go well for her.

EvilDragon, you are still the man. :)

No refunds. Well that is something i never would have expected. (And Craig is prolly running a different company already with our funds)

What an utter cunt.

This is the reason why open source will never win. Respect to the good guys. Ed, get out while you can and start a real company with closed software.

The Craigs are ruining it.

And, as usual, he hasn't paid for the LCD Cables and cases I sent him so he could create the Pandora for his CC customers (the ones he apparently sold off on eBay...). *sigh*.
Just keep the icp2 money blocked for manufacturing until h pays you back what he owes you.

That would be illegal.
HIS ACTIONS ARE ILLEGAL TOO
Yes, but that is not something that a (hopefully completely rethorical) police investigation into EDs business practices would be impressed by. The legal system doesn't give much credit to the pre-school argument "But he started it, really!!!"

If Craig does illegal stuff, Craig may be prosecuted. If that happens, Craigs business might go down the drain. This does not matter much to us.

If ED does illegal stuff, ED may be prosecuted. If that happens, EDs business might go down the drain. This matters a bit more.

If anything, the current situation would call for ED to be even more vigilant of never stepping over any sort of questionable line. Given Craigs version of reality (that ED somehow has stabbed him in the back, and that he is responsible for Craigs customers), then if someone actually confronts Craig with a lawsuit, that would mean that Craigs first line of defense would be to try to prove just that: That it is ED who hasn't fulfilled his parts of the contract. It is of utmost importance that he does not find anything like that.

This is also the reason why we try to keep the discussions around here free from what might be construed as libel. There must be no handle for a desperate Craig to hang on to. Not even "Look here, ED runs a server where he allows people to spread rumours about me".

ED, obviously, knows this (it shows in his latest posts), so me saying this is not me trying to educate him, but perhaps others.

No refunds. Well that is something i never would have expected. (And Craig is prolly running a different company already with our funds)

What an utter cunt.

This is the reason why open source will never win. Respect to the good guys. Ed, get out while you can and start a real company with closed software.

The Craigs are ruining it.
Umm, what exactly does OpenSource have something to do with Craig not being able to organize a proper hardware production?

The hardware IS closed source, by the way, and THAT was the issue, not the software ;)

However, this does point out one of the problems for opensource and that is un- or mis-informed folks speaking with authority on a topic they obviously know little about. They are likely viewed as an expert among their network of even less-informed comrades. I have a theory that they are all spice-deficient. I think I will email them a Slim Jim. A few more donations and I get a sticker.

Don't start P2 yet until all the smokes are cleared?
Gee how many times a day do you change your avatar? Do you even understand the purpose of having one?

As for your post, first it wont be called P2 so there is no reason to wait further to kick it off.

And Craig is not a part of it.

Back